Blueshift never deletes your raw data. You can store ingested data for as long as required (subject to regulatory constraints).
Data availability in Blueshift differs based on the activity:
Blueshift has a data limits and retention policy for “customer indexed data” to optimize the speed and performance of segments. Our standard policy for data retention for indexing is outlined in the following table.. The data limits and retention policy is flexible and can be adjusted and extended based on specific customer requirements and needs.
|Campaign response for example, email open, click, conversion, and so on)||180 days|
|User attributes and opt-in/out data||No time limit|
|Transaction events||10 years|
|Behavioral events related to items in your catalog (for example, view product, purchase product, and so on)||180 days|
|Other behaviors (for example, a blog page view and so on)||31 days|
- For the Recent activity filter you can segment based on event data for the last 31 days.
- For the Catalog activity filter, you can segment based on product events for the past 180 days.
- Messaging data includes:
- Sends, impressions, unique impressions, clicks, unique clicks, visits, orders, activations, revenue, bounces, spam reports, unsubscribes, devices sent, devices bounced from the past 180 days.
- Delivered from the last one month.
- Transactions include 10 years of transaction data such as orders placed, returns initiated, items shipped, and so on.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about these limits.
Blueshift retains campaign data for reporting purposes for the following time:
- Hourly data for the last 13 months.
- Daily data for anything older than 13 months.
Consider that Campaign A, Campaign B, and Campaign C are launched.
- Campaign A - Messages Sent: 10 users at 10:15 AM, 10 users at 10:30 AM, and 15 users at 11:15 AM.
- Campaign B - Messages Sent: 20 users at 10:45 AM.
- Campaign C - Messages Sent: 10 users at 11:05 AM, 10 users at 11:10 AM.
Reporting data is stored as follows:
- Hour 10AM - 11AM: Campaign A: 20 sends, Campaign B: 20 sends.
- Hour 11AM-12 PM: Campaign A: 15 sends, Campaign C: 20 sends.
Hourly data that is older than 13 months is aggregated and saved as Daily data. So after 13 months, the reporting data will be stored as follows:
- Day N: Campaign A: 35 sends, Campaign B: 20 sends, Campaign C: 20 sends