An adapter is a way to save the configuration details for integrating Blueshift with an app. Information such as authentications and permissions are saved in an adapter. You can have multiple adapters for any app.
The information required to add an adapter varies from app to app, but can include API keys, usernames and passwords, login information, permission for Blueshift to use data, and so on. Check the documentation for the specific app to understand the prerequisites.
You can view all the adapters added for an app by clicking the required app in App Hub and then clicking Configure.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- You can also edit, clone, archive, or unarchive adapters.
You can clone an existing adapters and then modify it for further use. When you clone an adapter, any API keys and access credentials are also copied.
You can archive adapters that are no longer in use.
- You cannot archive the adapter that is set as the default adapter for the app.
- After you archive an adapter, you will not be able to use it in any templates or campaigns.
- When you archive an adapter, it is not deleted. It can be seen under the Archived Adapters section for the app in App Hub.
- If required, you can unarchive an archived adapter and use it.