With the basic segment builder, you can use segmentation filters and logical grouping to build your target segment. You can also use reference segments in your basic segment.
You can also generate Audience Insights for the segment as you are building it by clicking Analyze Segment in order to identify the right set of customers.
Conditions are the logical building blocks of a segment. Segments are composed of one or more conditions. Each condition describes a particular activity and/or set of attributes, which a user must match in order to be included in the segment. The type of search you can run for an attribute is determined by the attribute type. For more information about operators supported for filtering, see Conditional operators for various data types.
When a condition is added to a segment, it has to belong to a logical grouping. There are three possible groups - ALL, ANY, and NONE.
Blueshift has an array of filters that you can use to create segments that target the right users based on specific features and attributes. For more information, see Segment filter categories.
To create a basic segment, complete the following steps:
- Go to the Segmentation index page and click +SEGMENT.
- Select Basic Segment as the Type of Segment.
- If available, select the Users option to segment on.
- Add a segment Name.
- Click Create Segment.
- Configure the required logic.
- You can also include a referenced segment.
- Save the segment.
The segment membership count shows the number of matching users.
- Segment counts are displayed only for channels that have at least one adapter configured.
- Select the channels for which you want the segment count to be displayed and then click Refresh user counts to get the latest segment membership count.
- The time of the last segment count refresh is displayed. Click Refresh user counts to get the latest segment membership count.
|Total unique users (known and unknown) identified by Blueshift
|Any user who has an email associated with their profile and has not unsubscribed.
|Any user who has ever installed the app and has not opted out of receiving push notifications is counted as 'push enabled'. For each of these users there must be at least one device_token available.
|Any user who has a phone number associated with their profile.
|Any user who has ever installed the app and has not opted out of receiving in-app messages is counted as 'in-app enabled'.
Tip: To get updated user counts quickly, do not select any channel. That way, Blueshift only computes the total users in the segment when you refresh the segment count. This saves the time required for computation as we do not need to compute user counts for each and every channel.