Using Blueshift’s email templates, you can engage users throughout the customer lifecycle with relevant and personalized email messages.
With Blueshift’s intuitive creative studio for email template design, you can:
- Easily build templates with the drag and drop email editor, or create templates using HTML. You can also use a template from Blueshift’s robust template library consisting of a couple of hundred out-of-the-box, ready-to-use templates.
- Personalize templates to include branding, images, preferred layouts, color schemes, and more.
- Use the open source version of Liquid templating language to reference and create personalized content in your emails. For more information, see Personalization using Liquid.
- Include a recommendation algorithm to automatically suggest products personalized for a customer. You can also see predictive scores and affinities that are associated with a customer's profile. You can use such values to include or exclude recommendations from the email message that your customers receive.
- Include data from an external source in your templates. For more information, see External Fetch.
- Use the shared assets feature to conveniently reuse snippets of code across multiple email templates. Re-using shared assets such as headers or footers across emails, allows you easily manage changes or updates while also simplifying template logic. For more information, see Shared Assets.
- Easily clone email templates which you can then edit to create different versions of the original.
If you have multiple accounts, you can also copy over email templates to a different account. For more information, see Copy templates or assets to a different account.
You can view all your email templates by going to Creatives > Email.
To add an email template, go to Creatives > Email and click +TEMPLATE.
- Select Visual Editor to use the drag and drop design studio to create your email template.
- Select HTML editor to create an email template if you are comfortable with writing HTML code.
If you are using Visual Studio to design your email template, you can select from a library of prebuilt templates and modify it to suit your requirements or create a new one.
The Email Studio is where you can find all the information for your email template.
You can view the following information from all the tabs:
- Email template name
- Template version and author of that version
- Email preview for the selected user (from all the tabs except the Content tab)
You can complete the following actions from all the tabs:
- Select a preview user.
- Use template options to clone, copy, export, delete, and archive templates.
The various studio tabs provide options to configure the template.
When you launch the template editor, either to create a template or edit an existing one, the template opens to the Properties tab. You can view and specify the following basic template properties:
- The template name
- Its organization using tags and tag folders
- The list of shared assets it uses
- Campaign behavior properties
- Preview panel
The Content tab is where you will design the email template. Here you will design the template layout and add personalizations and recommendations as required.
From the Data tab, you can add data sources that you want to use in your content, for example recommendations, external fetch, events and transactions.
Send a test mail to one or more email addresses.
View a heat map showing where users are clicking on the email. For more information, see Click heat map.