When you create email, push, in-app, SMS, cloud app, external fetch, or live content templates, or add shared assets and images in one account, you can copy them to another account instead of creating or adding them again.
When you copy a template, any referenced shared assets, external fetches, recommendations, or images can also be copied to the destination account along with the template.
Promo codes and products are not copied automatically from one account to another. Template functionality is limited if it uses features that are available in one account but are not unavailable in the destination account. Ensure that promo codes and products that your template references exist in the destination account, and the features that it uses are enabled in the destination account for the copied template to function properly.
Before you can copy assets from one account to another, you must have the following permissions:
- You must have access to both the accounts.
- You must have permissions to view, create, and edit the creative in both the accounts.
To copy a template from one account to another, complete the following steps:
- On the index page that lists the templates or assets, go to the actions menu and click Copy To.
- In the Copy to Another Account dialog that opens, select the account to which the asset is to be copied to and click Next.
- If a template with the same name exists in the destination account, you are prompted to select a different name. Specify a name for the template's copy and click Next. A copy of the selected template is saved in the destination account with the name that you specified.
- If your template references shared assets, external fetches, recommendations, or images, the referenced assets are listed and you can select the assets that are to be copied to the destination account along with the template.
If your template contains one or more of the following, a warning message is displayed:
- A promo code that does not exist in the destination account.
- A recommendation that refers a product, and the product does not exist in the destination account.
- AMP content, however the AMP content feature is disabled in the destination account.
- Custom plain text content, however the custom plain text content feature is disabled in the destination account.
- Click Next.
- The template is copied to the other account and a confirmation message is displayed. Click Done to close the message or click View to see the copied template in the destination account.