A mobile push notification is a message sent by an application (brand) to a customer’s mobile device. You can send push notifications to customers who have installed your mobile app and opted-in to receive messages.
Push notifications work by sending a message to the notification center or status bar of your user’s smartphone and is the default way of communication for apps on smartphones. They are considered less intrusive than SMS because they can be delivered on the user’s screen without interrupting their current activity, and they do not incur a cost to the user.
Push notifications are great for prompting immediate interaction and engaging users not currently active in your app. Relevant and engaging push notifications can drive dormant users back to your app and bring awareness to mobile campaigns.
Using Blueshift’s push templates, you can engage users throughout the customer lifecycle with relevant and personalized push messages. You can use the push studio to create and send beautiful push notifications. However, the templates and capabilities may vary depending on whether you are using Blueshift’s SDK.
With Blueshift’s intuitive creative studio for push template design, you can:
- Use pre-built rich push templates for both iOS and Android.
- Personalize templates to include branding, images, color schemes, dynamic content, deep links and more.
- Use the open source version of Liquid templating language to reference and create personalized content in your emails. For more information, see Personalization using Liquid.
- Include a recommendation algorithm to automatically suggest products personalized for a customer. You can also see predictive scores and affinities that are associated with a customer's profile. You can use such values to include or exclude recommendations from the email message that your customers receive.
- Include data from an external source in your templates. For more information, see External Fetch.
The Push studio allows you to create Push templates which you can then use in one or more campaigns to send personalized Push notifications to your users. Blueshift allows you to easily clone Push templates which you can then edit to create different versions of the original. If you have multiple accounts, you can also copy over Push templates to a different account. Refer to Copy templates or assets to a different account for more information.
You can view all your push templates by going to Creatives > Push.
To add a push template, go to Creatives > Push and click +TEMPLATE.
The Push Studio is where you can find all the information for your Push template.
You can view the following information from all the tabs:
- Push template name
- Last saved date for template and author
You can complete the following actions from all the tabs:
- Select a preview user.
- Use template options to clone, delete, and archive templates.
The various studio tabs provide options to configure the template.
When you launch the template editor, either to create a template or edit an existing one, the template opens to the Properties tab. You can view and specify the following basic template properties:
- The template name
- Its organization using tags and tag folders
- The type of mobile phones the template can be used for (Android/iOS)
- Campaign behavior properties
The Content tab is where you will design the Push template. Here you will specify the content of the Push message template and add personalizations and recommendations as required.
From the Data tab, you can add data sources that you want to use in your content, for example recommendations, external fetch, and events.
Send a test message to one or more mobile devices.