Using Blueshift’s SMS package, you can engage users throughout the customer lifecycle with relevant and personalized messages. SMS stands for Short Message Service and is the most widely used type of text messaging. With SMS, you can send a message of up to 160 characters to another device. Longer messages are normally split up into multiple messages.
SMS notifications are used to deliver business-critical information to provide a superior user experience to your customers. SMS messages are commonly used in the following scenarios:
- To reduce missed appointments through automated appointment confirmations, appointment changes, and timely reminders.
- As payment reminders by sending details of balances remaining on loans or other credit arrangements and to encourage customers to renew a subscription or product.
- For Tracking orders and returns and hence improving customer experience.
The SMS studio allows you to create SMS templates which you can then use in one or more campaigns to send personalized SMS notifications to your users. Blueshift allows you to easily clone SMS templates which you can then edit to create different versions of the original. If you have multiple accounts, you can also copy over SMS templates to a different account. Refer to Copy templates or assets to a different account for more information.
You can view all your SMS templates by going to Creatives > SMS on the left navigation panel. By default, you will only see the active templates but you can update the filter to see archived templates as well.
To add an SMS template, go to Creatives > SMS and click +TEMPLATE.
The SMS Studio is where you can find all the information for your SMS template.
You can view the following information from all the tabs:
- SMS template name
- Last saved date for template and author
- SMS preview for the selected user
You can complete the following actions from all the tabs:
- Select a preview user.
- Use template options to clone, delete, and archive templates.
The various studio tabs provide options to configure the template.
When you launch the template editor, either to create a template or edit an existing one, the template opens to the Properties tab. You can view and specify the following basic template properties:
- The template name
- It's organization using tags and tag folders
- Campaign behavior properties
- Preview panel
The Content tab is where you will design the SMS template. Here you will specify the text content of the SMS message template and add personalizations and recommendations as required.
From the Data tab, you can add data sources that you want to use in your content, for example recommendations, external fetch, and events.
Send a test SMS to one or more phone numbers.