Twilio Segment is the world’s leading Customer Data Platform (CDP). Segment provides companies with the data foundation that they need to put their customers at the heart of every decision. Using Segment, companies can collect, unify and route their customer data into any system where it’s needed to better understand their customers and create seamless, compelling experiences in real-time. Activate your customer data in 300+ marketing tools, in real-time.
When you integrate Blueshift and Segment, you can import information related to users and their actions easily into Blueshift and export campaign activity data to Segment.
Before you can integrate with Blueshift, you must have your Segment account set up.
Integrating your Segment account with Blueshift includes the following steps:
- Add an adapter for the Segment app.
- Add a Cloud App template.
To add a Segment adapter in Blueshift, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Segment (Campaigns).
- You can also go to Data Platform Apps and select Segment (Campaigns).
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the following details for integration:
Field Description API Key The API key for your Segment account.
- Add information for any Additional Headers.
- Click Save to add the adapter.
The adapter is now added and you can use it in your Cloud App template.
A Cloud App template is required to send a payload to Segment from a campaign.
To add a Segment Cloud App template, complete the following steps:
- Go to Creatives > Cloud App.
- Click +TEMPLATES on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Select the Segment app.
Note: Only apps that support Cloud Apps templates and have atleast one adapter configured are displayed on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Configure the template including the name, tags and other relevant information. For more information, see Cloud Apps templates.
Field Description Template Name Specify a name for the template to identify it on the index screen. API Endpoint Specify the API endpoint that receives the request that we make. Adapter Select the adapter to use to send the payload. Tags
Specify tags to organize this template.
Since this template is a Blueshift resource that you use in campaigns, you can use tagging to organize it under folders.
For more information on this, see Tagging.
- On the Content tab, fill the form to specify the data and the format in which to send the data to Segment.
You can also switch to JSON and specify the content in JSON format. However, once you switch to JSON, you cannot use the form layout again.