Blueshift builds a single, comprehensive 360-degree profile of every anonymous and identifiable customer that includes their complete histories and real-time behaviors from across channels, devices, and systems. Blueshift unifies all the data into individual profiles for each individual and anonymous customer. These profiles are flexible and customised to your unique data sets. As you continuously learn more about your customers and send new data to Blueshift, the customer profile becomes more granular and robust.
Blueshift connects, unifies, and resolves identity, attribute, and event data from multiple touch points, devices, and channels into a single customer view. A 360-degree customer profile is built by tracking both anonymous and logged-in behavior across devices and sessions and merges them using explicit first-party data.
A first-party cookie is used on your website to track anonymous website behavior. The device_id collected from the mobile SDK is used to track anonymous mobile app behavior.
After the customer signs in (authentication is completed), the anonymous data is merged with the customer profile.
Blueshift merges anonymous customer profiles based on sign-in activity (using first-party login data). Blueshift uses explicit, deterministic methods to merge customer profiles.
The following customer identifier hierarchy is used by Blueshift:
- uuid: Blueshift internal UUID for each customer
- customer_id: Unique customer ID from your system
- email: Email address
- device_id: One or more device ids associated with the customer
- cookies: One or more cookies associated with the customer
Customer profiles are merged when either a customer ID or email (or both) are available, with the customer ID getting a higher priority. Customer attribute data and event data are resolved and merged into the customer profile based on the customer identifying themselves using one of the known customer identifiers listed above.
Blueshift is uniquely able to support customers' use cases where account, group, and a householding data model is applicable. In this scenario, different customer profiles are linked to a common parent entity called a group.
For more information on how unification is actually achieved, see Profile unification examples.
Blueshift creates unified, comprehensive profiles of each customer by aggregating data from across all customer touchpoints. You can easily search and access a customer profile within the Blueshift UI based on any customer attribute. The customer profile is intuitively organized into sections.
For a detailed list of customer attributes, see Customer attributes and types.
|Overview||View standard and custom customer identifiers, key lifetime statistics, predictive statistics, mobile device IDs (and subscription to push notifications on each device), and visual representation of recent activity with your content/products.|
|Campaigns||View a history of all the messaging activity and engagements across all marketing campaigns sent to the customer.|
|Activity||View customer behavior and activity. For example, view, purchase, add_cart, search, and so on.|
|Transactions||View a history of the customer's transactions. For example, orders, subscriptions, and so on.|
|Recommendations||Provides a preview of 1:1 personalized recommended content/products that are derived from our predictive recommendation engine.|
|Interests||View topics that the customer has subscribed to.|
To search for a particular customer and view the customer profile, complete the following steps:
- Go to Customer Data > Attributes in the left navigation.
- Search for customers based on their attributes.
- Use the Actions menu or click on the customer to see the customer 360 profile.
- Click Edit customer to edit the customer profile.
When you edit the customer profile, you can either Forget the customer or Delete the customer.
- All personal data for the customer is permanently and irreversibly deleted.
- Blueshift stops tracking the customer and the customer is excluded from all campaigns.
- A forgotten user appears in search results but is listed as forgotten.
- You can Unforget a forgotten user.
- All data for the customer is permanently and irreversibly deleted.
- The customer does not appear in any search results.
- If a customer that was deleted comes back to your platform, then the customer is tracked as a new customer.