The Insights feature provides the ability to create custom reports. You can use these reports to get information on multiple fronts, such as:
- Monitor how Blueshift campaigns enhance user engagement on your site
- Check results of an A/B test
- Analyze how campaign performance varies by parameters such as devices, browsers, segments, email service providers and/or templates
- Measure the impact of different features, such as multi-channel vs single-channel, recommendations, campaign time optimizations on the performance of your campaigns
- Check out your top performing campaigns, templates, segments, types of campaigns, channels etc.
The insights that you get when you use this feature can help you optimize the campaign performance and boost your business.
Let’s get started by building a basic report. We’ll create a report that shows emails delivered in the last 30 days and compare them to the ones that were sent and the ones that bounced.
- On the Blueshift app, click Insights on the left navigation menu.
- On the Insights page, click + Report.
- Specify a name of the report. For this example, we specify Emails delivered in the last 30 days.
- Choose a metric for this report. This is the metric that you want to analyze. You can choose an option from a core metric, a custom goal or a compound metric. You can also create a compound metric.
For this example, we'll select the core metric: Delivered
- Use the Group By parameter to slice and dice the campaign performance. For example, you could compare campaign performance by campaign type or by recommendation usage.
If you use a compound metric, you can also choose how to sort the results of the report.
You can choose numerator, denominator, or the metric itself.
You can also use the checkboxes in the legend to toggle data series on or off.
If you choose the metric to sort the results, you get an additional option to filter the report. For example, in this case, we are using the open rate to see how many unique impressions an email had over the total sends. You can filter the results using the Threshold Filter and Minimum value fields. In this case, if we choose Numerator as the threshold filter and specify its minimum value as 50, that means that we want a minimum of 50 unique impressions across all sends. Similarly, in a different report, to get a list of the top 10 campaigns by click rate, you may want to ignore campaigns that have fewer than 1000 sends.
- Use the table to compare the selected metric with other metrics you want to analyze. Click the Configure Columns button to add fields to the table. In this example, we choose Sends and Bounces so that we can look at the emails that were delivered and compare them to which ones were sent and which ones bounced.
You can also toggle the chart type to get stats on the additional metrics that you select in the table report.
This chart type provides a summary of multiple metrics on a single chart. You can now use a single widget in a dashboard to plot multiple metrics instead of using multiple widgets, one for each metric.
- Click Save after you create the report and are satisfied with it.
You can now see the report that you created on the Insights index page and click on it to see how your campaign is performing.
In addition to creating a report, you can use other options on the UI to customize the report to better suit your needs.
You can toggle the chart type or aggregate the metric over a different period of time.
We provide different types of charts that you can pick to suit your needs. You can pick from the following charts:
- Single metric summary (this option provides a summary of the metric that you choose to create the chart)
- Multiple metric summary (this option provides a summary of metrics that you choose using the Configure Columns option to customize the table report)
- Pie chart
- Icon chart
- Bar chart
- Line chart
- Area chart
You can add filters to limit your analyses of the campaigns you are interested in.
After you create a report, the view button is enabled. Click on this button to view the last saved version of the report in a larger area. Clicking on this button also enables the option to download the report in a .CSV format for offline access.
You can click the Edit button to see the options to reconfigure the report.
- The chart and table get updated in real time. Ensure that you Save the report if you use the Edit button to change it.
- You (and everyone else in the organization) can view, modify, and delete the saved reports at any time.
- Exercise caution when you edit a report that you don't own, since it will save the changes for everyone else in your organization.
In addition, we provide a lot of sample reports that you can use, copy and customize to suit your needs. You can identify these reports with these reports' author. The author of these reports is listed as system.