The Insights feature provides the ability to create custom reports. You can use these reports to get information on multiple fronts, such as:
- Monitor how the Blueshift campaigns enhance user engagement on your site
- Check results of an A/B test
- Analyze how campaign performance varies by parameters such as devices, browsers, segments, email service providers or templates
- Measure the impact of different features, such as multi-channel vs single-channel, recommendations, campaign time optimizations on the performance of your campaigns
- Check out your top performing campaigns, templates, segments, types of campaigns, channels etc.
The insights that you get when you use this feature can help you optimize the campaign performance and boost your business.
Create a report
Let’s get started by building a basic report. We’ll create a report that shows emails delivered in the last 30 days and compare them to the ones that were sent and the ones that bounced.
- On the Blueshift app, click Insights on the left navigation menu.
- On the Insights page, click + Report.
- Specify a name of the report. For this example, we specify Emails delivered in the last 30 days.
- Choose a metric for this report. This is the metric that you want to analyze. You can choose an option from a core metric, a custom goal or a compound metric. You can also create a compound metric.
For this example, we'll select the core metric: Delivered
- Use the Group By parameter to slice and dice the campaign performance. For example, you could compare campaign performance by campaign type or by recommendation usage.
- Use the table to compare the selected metric with other metrics you want to analyze. Click the Configure Columns button to add fields to the table. In this example, we choose Sends and Bounces so that we can look at the emails that were delivered and compare them to which ones were sent and which ones bounced.
- Click Save after you create the report and are satisfied with it.
You can now see the report that you created on the Insights index page and click on it to see how your campaign is performing.
Additional options on the UI
In addition to creating a report, you can use other options on the UI to customize the report to better suit your needs.
Adjusting the chart
You can toggle the chart type, or aggregate the metric over a different period of time.
You can add filters to limit your analyses of the campaigns you are interested in.
After you create a report, the view button is enabled. Click on this button to view the last saved version of the report in a larger area. Clicking on this button also enables the option to download the report in a .CSV format for offline access.
You can click the Edit button to see the options to reconfigure the report.
- The chart and table get updated in real time. Ensure that you Save the report if you use the Edit button to change it.
- You (and everyone else in the organization) can view, modify, and delete the saved reports at any time.
- Exercise caution when you edit a report that you don't own, since it will save the changes for everyone else in your organization.
In addition, we provide a lot of sample reports that you can use, copy and customize to suit your needs. You can identify these reports with these reports' author. The author of these reports is listed as system.