The Attribute and Recommendation Syndication is used to export user attributes, recommendations and/or predictive scores to outside of Blueshift.
The Attribute and Recommendations Syndication, by default, has the option to upload the final CSV file to the Blueshift Customer bucket in AWS. This is where all of Blueshift's reporting gets uploaded. If you want to upload the final CSV file to another location, you can specify the location in the Integration Settings:
- Click the settings icon on the top right.
- Click Integrations to access your integrations
- Under File Storage, you can either select Amazon S3 or SFTP and enter the appropriate settings:
If you select Amazon S3, click + ADAPTER to add a new Amazon S3 adapter and provide the following details:
- Alias Name: Specify an alias name of the adapter for identification purposes. You can use this alias name to select this particular S3 location in the Syndication editor.
- AWS Region: Specify the AWS region where the S3 bucket resides.
- AWS Key: The Access Key ID that we use to export the data to your S3 bucket.
- AWS Secret: The Secret Access Key that we use to export the data to your S3 bucket.
For more information on the Access Key ID and Secret Access Key, see Programmatic access on AWS documentation.
- AWS Bucket: Provide the URL to your S3 bucket.
- AWS Path: Specify the path on the S3 bucket where you want us to store the files.
If you select SFTP, click + ADAPTER to add a new SFTP adapter and provide the following details:
- Alias Name: Specify an alias name of the adapter for identification purposes. You can use this alias name to select this particular SFTP location in the Syndication editor.
- Host Address: Specify fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the server that hosts the SFTP service. For example: sftp.domain.com
- Host Port: Specify the port on the server that accepts incoming SFTP requests. For example, 22.
- Remote Path: Specify the path to the directory where you want to store the files. For example, /syndications/blueshift.
- Username: Specify the username that we should use to sign in on the SFTP server and store files.
- Password: Specify the password that we should use to sign in on the SFTP server and store files.
- On the left navigation menu, click Syndications to go to the Syndications index page.
- On the top right corner, click Syndication + and then click Attribute and Recommendation (if you see a dropdown).
- Specify a name for the syndication and click Create Attributes and Recommendations Syndication.
The first step is the configuration stage.
The Name field is the name of this particular syndication. This is used purely for organization purposes and must be unique for this syndication.
Tags field provides options to categorize and organize the syndication. For more information, see Tagging.
The Segment field provides the option to select the segment that you want to syndicate/export out of Blueshift.
Filename Prefix will be appended to the name of the file that is ultimately uploaded. This is required for organizational purposes.
Send Completion Email to ... is an optional field. Enter a single email or multiple emails (separated by commas) to be emailed once the syndication finishes calculating and uploading the file(s).
After configuring the actual file that will be outputted, you now have to choose where the file will ultimately be uploaded.
Click on the Blueshift Bucket to upload this file to your Blueshift Bucket - the customer bucket where all other files are stored. Or, you can choose the S3 or SFTP location that you added in Blueshift.
Specify the schedule of the syndication.
Start Time specifies when this syndication will launch.
End Time specifies when this syndication will stop.
Execution schedule is how often this syndication will run and is further elaborated in the following table:
|One-time||This setting will export the segment on a one-time basis.|
|Daily||This setting will export the segment daily, at the Start Time specified above.|
|Weekly||This setting will export the segment weekly, on the Start Time and 7 days afterwards, and so forth.|
|Custom||This setting will export the segment every N number days, where N is a number that the user inputs.|
The next step is adding user fields for this syndication. These are the user level attributes that will be outputted to the CSV file. For good practice, you should probably choose at least one unique identifier for each user. e.g. email. Otherwise the outputted information may not be usable.
To add more fields, click the + ADD USER FIELD button and add more user fields. You can add as many fields as you need.
If recommendations are enabled on your account, you can add recommendations to your outputted file.
Click + ADD RECOMMENDATIONS to add recommendations to the file. This is an optional field.
You need to select the recommendation algorithm (either a predefined algorithm or any created via our Recommendation Studio), total the number of products you want returned (up to 20) and the different product fields that you desire.
The column names are predefined and will be generated from the product field name and the number of products.
If Predictive Scores are enabled, you can add predictive scores to your outputted file by clicking on the following:
Adding the predictive scores is similar to adding user fields. Select the score and enter the name of this column.
After all of the appropriate settings have been filled out, save this syndication then hit launch. This will activate this syndication. Attributes and recommendations will be computed and uploaded to the selected destination.
Click on the previously created syndication in the index page to view appropriate statistics.
Click on the syndication name to enter the syndication detail screen, where you can look at stats regarding this syndication.
There are three pieces of information that are relevant per destination:
- Users in Segment: The total number of users that qualify for the conditions defined in a particular segment.
- Last Successful Run: The last time this Attribute and Recommendation syndication ran successfully, from calculating the users to uploading the final file.
- Next Scheduled Run: The next time this Attribute and Recommendation syndication will run.