Prior to go-live, we ask that you do a one-time upload of your user data. However, going forward, all user updates (new and existing) will occur through the events we receive.
1) Prepare a .csv file with as many user attributes as you would like to import. Here are some suggested attributes, but feel free to add additional ones as well.
- phone_number should include ISD code
- gender should be either male/female/unknown.
- unsubscribed is true/false (lower case)
- joined_at must be in ISO8601 format (1980-05-19T15:22:01-07:00). You can also format in excel/numbers using custom format to convert to ISO8601 format yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss+/-00:00. Replace +/-00:00 with the time zone offset for your timezone.
- Date can be converted in excel by using a function to add hours. =A2+TIME(8,0,0). Replace A2 with the cell of the date you are converting.
Example: yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss-05:00 for Eastern (Est) timezone.
- Converting time =A2,5,0,0 will add 5 hours to the time converting EST timezome to UTC.
If you do not include joined_at during upload process, Blueshift will infer a joined_at date as the upload date.
2) Upload through the dashboard
Step 1) Select .csv to be uploaded via direct file upload or S3 bucket.
File size up to 3GB can be uploaded via the dashboard. For larger files, please coordinate with your Blueshift Success Manager to determine the most optimal process.
Step 2) Map columns from .csv to standard Blueshift columns. For custom columns, create a new column in Blueshift by selecting Custom Attributes in the drop down and providing a column name. Make sure to select the correct data type.
We support String, Integer, Date, Decimal and Boolean data types
Step 3) Import File
You will receive an email notification when the upload process completes, including the error report.
Step 4) Validate Import
You can validate your import by searching for users from your file. Go to the Customer Attributes page and search for a sample user.
You can setup recurring customer attributes upload jobs through our dashboard.
On the Customer Attributes upload page, please choose the Upload method as "S3 Upload". The default adapter is "Blueshift Import". You can also choose "Custom Import" and provide your own s3 credentials and s3 file path. With the default adapter you can drop any files in to the folder bsft-customers/<site-name>/customer_attributes.
- Sample S3 path
bucket: bsft-customers, path: demosite.com/customer_attributes/import/crm_feeds.csv
You can find the s3 credentials in your Account profile tab. The s3 credentials are visible only to Admins.
Below is a screenshot with a sample configuration. You can click on "Fetch Sample S3 File" to get some sample data and add attribute mappings.