You can import customer data in the form of a CSV file from the Blueshift UI.
After you prepare a CSV file that contains the customers data, you can then import it to Blueshift by creating an import task.
Blueshift supports the following data types:
- Boolean data types
Note: Attributes with data type as Boolean cannot be set to a NULL or blank value and must be set as either true or false. If you require an attribute to have a blank values, use the a String data type instead of a Boolean data type.
Prepare a .csv file with the customer data and include the user attributes to import. Here are some suggested attributes, but feel free to add additional ones as well.
When you create a task, you can click Download Sample CSV to get the sample data file.
cannot have more than 64 characters.
must be one of the following:
|unsubscribed||value can be true or false and must be in lower case.|
You can also format the date in excel/numbers using custom format to convert the date to ISO8601 format yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss+/-00:00. Replace +/-00:00 with the time zone offset for your timezone.
Dates can be converted in excel by using a function to add (=A2+TIME(8,0,0) ) or subtract hours (=A2-TIME(8,0,0)) so the time is represented in the UTC time. Replace A2 with the cell of the date you are converting. Please note that this is good for one time uploads as it does not take into account daylight savings for ongoing file uploads.
For example: yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss-05:00 for Eastern (Est) timezone.
Converting time = A2,5,0,0 will add 5 hours to the time converting EST timezome to UTC.
File size up to 3GB can be uploaded via the dashboard. For larger files, coordinate with your Blueshift Success Manager to determine the most optimal process.
Create an import task
Complete the following steps to set up an import task:
- To import customer data, go to Customer Data > Attributes in the left navigation. Click +CUSTOMERS > Import Customers.
- Select Direct File Upload as the Source.
- Specify an email address in the Email Upload Summary section to receive a notification when the upload process is completed. If there are errors, an error report is also sent. In the CC field, specify the email addresses of othet people who should receive the notification.
- For Choose File, select the CSV file with the customer data.
- Click advanced to specify the character encoding of the CSV file you upload. You can select Unicode (UTF-8), Unicode (UTF-16), or Western Europe (ISO-8859-1).
- Set whether to Update All Matching Profiles and to Allow Blank User Attributes.
Note: Attributes with data type as Boolean cannot be set to a NULL or blank value and must be set as either true or false.
- The data from the file is imported.
- Map the fields from the imported data to the fields in Blueshift and specify the data type for the field.
- For customer data, one column must be mapped to either of the following customer identifiers in Blueshift: email, retailer_customer_id, customer_id, or device_id.
- The Column is the attribute in the imported data and the Customer Attribute is the attribute in Blueshift.
- Click Import Customers to run the import task. You can view the task status from the View Uploads page.