You can import customer data in the form of a CSV file from the Blueshift UI by creating an import task.
For information about data types, user attributes, and data formats, see Import customer data.
Complete the following steps to set up an import task:
- To import customer data, go to the Customer Data > Profiles in the left navigation. Click +CUSTOMERS > Import Customers.
- Select Direct File Upload as the Source.
- Specify an email address in the Email Upload Summary section to receive a notification when the upload process is completed. If there are errors, an error report is also sent. In the CC field, specify the email addresses of othet people who should receive the notification.
- For Choose File, select the CSV file with the customer data.
- Click advanced to specify the character encoding of the CSV file you upload. You can select Unicode (UTF-8), Unicode (UTF-16), or Western Europe (ISO-8859-1).
- Set whether to Update All Matching Profiles and to Allow Blank User Attributes.
Note: Attributes with data type as Boolean cannot be set to a NULL or blank value and must be set as either true or false.
- The data from the file is imported.
Map the fields from the imported data to the fields in Blueshift and specify the data type for the field.
- For customer data, one column must be mapped to either of the following customer identifiers in Blueshift: email, retailer_customer_id, customer_id, or device_id.
- The Column is the attribute in the imported data and the Customer Attribute is the attribute in Blueshift.
Note: You cannot change the data type for a custom attribute once it is imported.
- Click Import Customers to run the import task. You can view the task status from the View Uploads page.