After you finish building the campaign and configuring all the components, you can save and validate the campaign journey design, view any errors, and fix them. You must Save the journey before you can validate.
During validation, the journey design is tested for the following validations:
- Save validations: Data errors because of which the journey cannot be saved. For example, invalid field values, duplicate names for triggers, and so on.
- Launch validations: Any errors that might result in a failure to execute the campaign if launched. For example, the end time is earlier than the start time, a segment references an empty segment, and so on.
Click Validate to run the validation.
- The Validation panel displays all the errors and warnings.
- Click the message to open the corresponding trigger to the location of the error.
- You can also view the journey and easily identify the components that have validation errors.
- Errors can cause the campaign to fail. Hence You must fix all the errors before you can launch the campaign.
- Warnings will not cause the campaign to fail but the campaign behavior may be different from what you expect. Hence they need your attention but you don’t need to fix them in order to launch the campaign.
Here are some of the problems you can check for to avoid getting errors and warnings during validations.
Note: This is not a comprehensive checklist and you might get validation errors and warnings for other reasons.
|Restriction tags are added to the campaign if the Restriction Tag feature is enabled.||Save||Warning|
|Values for messaging rate and messaging limit fields are valid and are integers.||Save||Error|
|Email addresses provided in triggers are valid.||Save||Error|
|Restriction tags for the campaign and segment match.||Save||Error|
|Restriction tags for the campaign and email adapter match.||Save||Error|
|For an API triggered campaign, check that there is no syntax error in Liquid statement in any of the triggers.||Save||Error|
|If Delay is enabled for a trigger, a value must be set for it.||Save||Error|
|Trigger names must be unique within an active campaign.||Save||Error|
|A campaign cannot have more than 100 triggers.||Save||Error|
|Start time is not in the past. In this case, if you launch the campaign, it will execute immediately.||Launch||Warning|
|Dayparting is set along with messaging limits. This might result in messages being sent to fewer people.||Launch||Warning|
|If you have set A/B Testing, ensure that none of the variants have 0% traffic split.||Launch||Warning|
|Start time is set.||Launch||Error|
|If you have set an In-app message expiration time, it is not earlier than the campaign start time.||Launch||Error|
|End time is not earlier than the start time.||Launch||Error|
|A segment does not reference a segment with no criteria defined.||Launch||Error|
|You cannot launch a campaign that is completed.||Launch||Error|
|Domain names provided in triggers are valid.||Launch||Error|
|If the Campaign prioritization feature is enabled, ensure that the segment you select for the one-time/ recurring campaign is not used in any other active campaign.||Launch||Error|
|If the Campaign prioritization feature is enabled, ensure that the start time and end time for the campaign is set is such a way that the campaign can run after the prioritized campaign is completed.||Launch||Error|
|Set the Skip messaging limit option for Prioritized campaigns as they are not subject to messaging limits.||Launch||Error|
|Campaign has atleast one active trigger.||Launch||Error|
|For A/B Testing, the total percentage for all the variants must add to 100%.||Launch||Error|
|For A/B Testing, ensure that you are not reusing the same template in the variants.||Launch||Error|
|For A/B Testing, ensure that a template is selected for the variant.||Launch||Error|
|Ensure that you have selected a template for the trigger.||Launch||Error|
|A merge journey trigger has a destination set.||Launch||Error|
|For automatic winner selection in a one time campaign ensure that he holdout percentage is between 1 and 50, the holdout period is between 1 and 24 hours and none of the settings are empty.||Launch||Error|