Mixpanel is a leading product analytics software company, currently helping the world answer 81 million product questions every year. Mixpanel's pioneering event-based tracking solution gives product teams the ability to gain insights into how to best acquire, convert, and retain their users across web and mobile platforms. Powerful, flexible, and easy-to-use, Mixpanel enables teams to learn from their user data and innovate rapidly in creating winning products.
Before you can integrate with Blueshift, you must have your Mixpanel account set up.
Integrating your Mixpanel account with Blueshift includes the following steps:
- Add an adapter for the Mixpanel (Campaigns) app.
- Add a Cloud App template.
To add a Mixpanel adapter in Blueshift, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Mixpanel (Campaigns).
- You can also go to Data Platform Apps and select Mixpanel (Campaigns).
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the following details for integration:
Field Description Service Account Username The username for your Mixpanel Service Account. Service Account Password The password for your Mixpanel Service Account.
- Add information for any Additional Headers.
- Click Save to add the adapter.
The adapter is now added and you can use it in your Cloud App template.
A Cloud App template is required to send a payload to Mixpanel from a campaign.
To add a Mixpanel Cloud App template, complete the following steps:
- Go to Creatives > Cloud App.
- Click +TEMPLATES on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Select the Mixpanel app.
Note: Only apps that support Cloud Apps templates and have atleast one adapter configured are displayed on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Configure the template including the name, tags and other relevant information. For more information, see Cloud Apps templates.
Field Description Template Name Specify a name for the template to identify it on the index screen. API Endpoint Specify the API endpoint that receives the request that we make. Adapter Select the adapter to use to send the payload. Tags
Specify tags to organize this template.
Since this template is a Blueshift resource that you use in campaigns, you can use tagging to organize it under folders.
For more information on this, see Tagging.
- On the Content tab, fill the form to specify the data and the format in which to send the data to Segment.
You can also switch to JSON and specify the content in JSON format. However, once you switch to JSON, you cannot use the form layout again.