Mixpanel is a leading product analytics software company, currently helping the world answer 81 million product questions every year. Mixpanel's pioneering event-based tracking solution gives product teams the ability to gain insights into how to best acquire, convert, and retain their customers across web and mobile platforms. Powerful, flexible, and easy-to-use, Mixpanel enables teams to learn from their customer data and innovate rapidly in creating winning products.
- You can send campaign engagement data from the Blueshift platform to Mixpanel via webhooks.
- You can also send data to Mixpanel from within a campaign journey.
Before you begin
Before you can integrate with Blueshift, you must have your Mixpanel account set up.
Send data (campaign) to Mixpanel
When you integrate Blueshift and Mixpanel using Cloud apps, you can generate a Mixpanel event during a campaign journey and send data to Mixpanel. For example, you can send information for an abandoned cart event. You can then further analyze this data to understand customer behavior, and make decisions about your product.
Set up integration
To add a Mixpanel adapter in Blueshift, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Mixpanel (Campaigns).
- You can also go to Data Platform Apps and select Mixpanel (Campaigns).
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the following details for integration:
Field Description Service Account Username The username for your Mixpanel Service Account. Service Account Password The password for your Mixpanel Service Account.
- Add information for any Additional Headers.
- Click Save to add the adapter.
The adapter is now added and you can use it in your Cloud App template.
Quick start templates
When you create an adapter in the App Hub, the following quick start template is added to the Cloud App templates.
- Send an event
Consider the following points about quick start templates:
- Quick start templates are identified by the label "QUICK START".
- A quick start template is added only when you create the first adapter for the app in App Hub. If you have multiple adapters for an app, you can edit the Adapter details on the template Properties tab to select the required adapter.
- You can use this template as-is in your campaigns. You cannot make any changes to the schema for a quick start template.
- You can clone the template and then edit the schema as required.
- Configure the Mixpanel quick start template to send a payload from a campaign.
- You can clone the quick start template and edit the schema if required. You can also create a new template.
- In your campaign journey, add a Mixpanel trigger. Select the template that you created.
Configure or create a Mixpanel cloud app template
A Cloud App template is required to send a payload to Mixpanel from a campaign. For more information, see Cloud Apps templates.
To use a quick start template or to add a Mixpanel Cloud App template, complete the following steps:
- Go to Creatives > Cloud App.
- Complete one of the following actions:
- Select the Send an event quick start template for Mixpanel from the list of templates.
- To create a clone of the quick start template, go to the action menu for the template and click Clone.
- To create a new template, click +TEMPLATES on the Cloud App Templates page. Select the Mixpanel app.
Note: Only apps that support Cloud Apps templates and have atleast one adapter configured are displayed on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Go to the Properties tab and configure the template name, add tags and other relevant information.
Field Description Template Name Specify a name for the template to identify it on the index screen. API Endpoint Specify the API endpoint that receives the request that we make. Adapter Select the adapter to use to send the payload. Tags
Specify tags to organize this template.
Since this template is a Blueshift resource that you use in campaigns, you can use tagging to organize it under folders.
For more information on this, see Tagging.
- Go to the Content tab.
- Go to the Content Form tab and fill the form to specify the data to send to Mixpanel. You can use personalizations in the content.
- If you are using a cloned quick start template or a new template, go to the Schema tab and configure the schema for the form.
- In the preview tab, you can also switch to JSON and view the content in JSON format.
Send campaign engagement data (events) to Mixpanel
You can send campaign engagement data from the Blueshift platform to Mixpanel via webhooks.
Blueshift supports sending campaign engagement data into Mixpanel with the use of Segment Sources.
To integrate Blueshift and Mixpanel, complete the following steps:
- Go to the Campaign Activity Export tab in Account Settings.
- Set Messaging Event Notifications as Enabled.
- Select Mixpanel from the Send Notifications to field options.
- Add the Mixpanel Project Token.
For more information on how to get the Mixpanel project token, see Find Project Token in the Mixpanel documentation.
- Select the events you want to export.
- Save your settings.