The CSV adapter in Blueshift exports a message into a CSV file in your S3 bucket instead of actually sending it to the customer. Unlike cloud apps which send messages real time to a third party messaging service provider, the CSV app can be used for sending bulk messages, thereby avoiding rate limitations on the third party messaging provider's platform.
Consider the following points for the CSV files created for messages generated by a trigger:
- In a segment triggered campaign or an event triggered campaign:
- A new message file is generated every 30 minutes after the campaign is launched, even if the number of messages sent is 0.
- A file can contain a maximum of 10000 messages. If more than 10K messages are generated in the 30 minute period, multiple files are created.
- The maximum file size is 4GB. If the file size exceeds 4GB, additional files are created.
- For one-time and recurring campaigns, a single message file is generated after after the campaign completes executing.
Example 1: A campaign trigger sends 10,000 messages in 5 minutes. A file is generated for the 10,000 messages at the 5 minute mark.
Example 2: A campaign trigger sends 6,000 messages in 30 minutes. A file is generated for 6,000 messages at the 30 minute mark.
Before you begin
Before you can set up integration with Blueshift, you must have your Amazon S3 bucket details handy.
Set up integration
To export campaign Push data and messages from Blueshift as a CSV, simply add the details for your Amazon S3 bucket to the adapter you create in Blueshift.
To set up integration, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Push as CSV via S3.
- You can also go to Mobile Marketing Apps and select Push as CSV via S3.
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the following details for integration:
Field Description AWS Region Specify the AWS region where the S3 bucket resides. AWS Key The Access Key ID that we use to export the data to your S3 bucket. AWS Secret The Secret Access Key that we use to export the data to your S3 bucket. AWS Bucket Provide the URL to your S3 bucket. AWS Path Specify the path on the S3 bucket where you want us to store the files.
- Add Field Mappings if required.
Click Save to add the adapter.
- Create a Push template or an In-app template for your messages.
- In your campaign journey, add a Push trigger or In-app trigger. On the Push or In-app tab of the trigger, go to Send Settings and specify Push as CSV via S3 as the App and select the adapter that you just created.