Webhooks are powerful ways to trigger an action programmatically in other applications. Webhook is nothing but an API call made by a system to some other system. Most of the modern push notification services support an API which can be called to trigger a push notification using their services.
Blueshift’s webhook capabilities for push allow you to connect such push notification service providers or our own custom built solution and trigger push notification from Blueshift’s campaign journey.
Before you begin
Before you can set up integration with Blueshift, you must have your provider's webhook URL handy.
Set up integration
To send push notifications using the service provider of your choice, simply add your provider's webhook URL to the adapter you create in Blueshift.
To set up integration, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Push via Webhook.
- You can also go to Mobile Marketing Apps and select Push via Webhook.
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the following details for integration:
Field Description Webhook URL Specify the webhook URL for the provider. Auth Header Specify the authentication header for the provider. Auth Token Specify the authentication token for the provider.
Click Save to add the adapter.
- Create a Push template or an In-app template for your messages.
- In your campaign journey, add a Push trigger or In-app trigger. On the Push or In-app tab of the trigger, go to Send Settings and specify Push via Webhook as the App and select the adapter that you just created.