Mandrill (Mailchimp Transactional Email) is a powerful email delivery service that lets you send personalized, one-to-one emails like password resets, order confirmations, and welcome messages.
With Mandrill integration, we can track the following events:
- Unique impressions
- Unique clicks
- Delivered (sent and not bounced)
- Spam reports
Note: You must first set up a webhook in Mandrill so that Blueshift can receive messaging events.
Before you can set up integration with Blueshift, you must have your Mandrill account set up.
Complete the following settings in Mandrill before you set up integration with Blueshift:
- Let Blueshift access your Mandrill account.
- Add a webhook in Mandrill to send messaging events to Blueshift.
Let Blueshift access your Mandrill account
To enable access for Blueshift, you must create an API Key in your Mandrill account. To create an API key in Mandrill, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Settings in your Mandrill Transactional account and look for the API Keys section.
- If you already have an API key listed and you’d like to use it for your application, you can simply copy it.
- Otherwise, click New API Key and give it a description.
For more information, see the Mandrill documentation.
Add a webhook in Mandrill to send events to Blueshift
In order to send messaging events to Blueshift, you must set up a webhook in Mandrill.
- Navigate to Settings in your Mandrill Transactional account and go to the Webhook section.
- Click Add a Webhook.
- Add the following API endpoint and replace <uuid> with your account UUID:
- For regions other than EU:
- For the EU region:
- For regions other than EU:
- Set the webhook to Trigger on events you want to send to Blueshift.
For example, you can set the trigger events as send, hard bounce, soft bounce, spam, delivered, and so on.
Set up integration
To add a Mandrill adapter, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Mandrill.
- You can also go to Email Apps and select Mandrill.
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the following details for integration:
Alias name Specify an alias for the adapter. This is for identification purpose only. API Key Provide the API key that you created for your Mandrill account. From Address Specify the sender's email address. You can override this value in the trigger that you create for a campaign. From Name Specify a name that is displayed on the From field of an email. You can override this value in the trigger that you create for a campaign. BCC Specify the email addresses to which a copy of the email must be sent.
Use a comma to provide multiple email addresses. For example:
firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.orgNote: These email addresses are not included in the BCC field of the email that is sent to the customers. If you want to include the email addresses in the BCC field of the email, contact us at email@example.com.
Whitelabel host name (CNAME) (Optional)
Specify the domain that will be used to mask links for tracking purposes.
The domain must be setup as a CNAME record in your DNS. The CNAME must map to either links.getblueshift.com (US or Rest of the world) or links.eu.blueshift.com (EU region) based on your Blueshift login region. SSL is required for any link masking domains. If you are unsure which domain to setup in your DNS please contact your CSM or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not specify a value here, and you have set up Whitelabeling for your account, then the domain setup in Account Settings will be used.
- If you have not set up Whitelabeling for your account and you do not specify a value here, the Blueshift domain will be used for tracking.
- Click Save to add the adapter.
- Create an Email template for your messages.
- Verify the integration.
- In your campaign journey, add an Email trigger. On the Email tab of the trigger, go to Send Settings and specify Mandrill as the App and select the adapter that you just created.
Verify the integration
You can verify your configuration by sending a test message from any Blueshift template. If you see an error in Blueshift, then either the domain is not validated or the settings are incorrect.