Mandrill (Mailchimp Transactional Email) is a powerful email delivery service that lets you send personalized, one-to-one emails like password resets, order confirmations, and welcome messages.
With Mandrill integration, we can track the following events:
- Unique impressions
- Unique clicks
- Delivered (sent and not bounced)
- Spam reports
There are two steps to integrate with Mandrill.
- Let Blueshift access your Mandrill account.
- Add a Mandrill adapter in Blueshift.
To enable access for Blueshift, you must create an API Key in your Mandrill account. To create an API key in Mandrill, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the Settings of your Mandrill Transactional account and look for the API Keys section.
- If you already have an API key listed and you’d like to use it for your application, you can simply copy it.
- Otherwise, click New API Key and give it a description.
For more information, see https://mailchimp.com/developer/transactional/guides/quick-start/#generate-your-api-key.
To add a Mandrill adapter, complete the following steps:
- In the Blueshift app, click Settings > Channels.
- On the Setup Channels page, select Mandrill under Email.
- On the Mandrill adapter page of the Blueshift app, click +ADD ADAPTER and provide the following details:
Specify an alias for the adapter. This is for identification purpose only.
Provide the API key that you created for your Mandrill account.
Specify the sender's email address. You can override this value in the trigger that you create for a campaign.
Specify a name that is displayed on the From field of an email. You can override this value in the trigger that you create for a campaign.
Specify the email addresses to which a copy of the email must be sent.
Use a comma to provide multiple email addresses.
Note: These email addresses are not included in the BCC field of the email that is sent to the customers. If you want to include the email addresses in the BCC field of the email, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whitelabel host name (CNAME)
Specify the domain that you add in Mandrill.
- Save your settings.
You can verify your configuration by sending a test message from any Blueshift template. If you see an error in Blueshift, then either the domain is not validated or the settings are incorrect.