The Airship integration allows you to send push messages and provide in-app messaging on mobile and web platforms.
Before you begin
Before you can set up integration with Blueshift, you must have your Airship account set up.
The following information is required for integration with Blueshift:
- The Access Token: Log into the Airship website (go.urbanairship.com) and go to Settings > APIs & Integrations > Tokens to retrieve the access token.
To input the correct content to the template and get more information about the Airship API, see https://docs.airship.com/api/ua/#operation/api/push/post.
Set up integration
To add a Airship adapter in Blueshift, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Airship.
- You can also go to Mobile Marketing Apps and select Airship.
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the Access Token.
- Add information for any Additional Headers.
- Click Save to add the adapter.
The adapter is now added and you can use it in your Cloud App template.
Quick start templates
When you create an adapter in the App Hub, the following quick start template is added to the Cloud App templates.
- Send a push message
Consider the following points about quick start templates:
- Quick start templates are identified by the label "QUICK START".
- A quick start template is added only when you create the first adapter for the app in App Hub. If you have multiple adapters for an app, you can edit the Adapter details on the template Properties tab to select the required adapter.
- You can use this template as-is in your campaigns. You cannot make any changes to the schema for a quick start template.
- You can clone the template and then edit the schema as required.
- Configure the Airship quick start template to send a payload from a campaign.
- You can clone the quick start template and edit the schema if required. You can also create a new template.
- In your campaign journey, add an Airship trigger. Select the template that you created.
Configure or create a Airship cloud app template
A Cloud App template is required to send a payload to Airship from a campaign. You can include personalizations and recommendations in the template content. For more information, see Cloud Apps templates.
To use a quick start template or to add a Airship Cloud App template, complete the following steps:
- Go to Creatives > Cloud App.
- Complete one of the following actions:
- Select the Send a push message quick start template for Airship from the list of templates.
- To create a clone of the quick start template, go to the action menu for the template and click Clone.
- To create a new template, click +TEMPLATES on the Cloud App Templates page. Select the Airship app.
Note: Only apps that support Cloud Apps templates and have atleast one adapter configured are displayed on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Go to the Properties tab and configure the template name, tags and other relevant information.
Field Description Template Name Specify a name for the template to identify it on the index screen. API Endpoint Specify the API endpoint that receives the request that we make. Adapter Select the adapter to use to send the payload. Tags
Specify tags to organize this template.
Since this template is a Blueshift resource that you use in campaigns, you can use tagging to organize it under folders.
For more information on this, see Tagging.
- Go to the Content tab.
- Go to the Content Form tab and fill the form to specify the data to send to Airship.
- If you are using a cloned quick start template or a new template, go to the Schema tab and configure the schema for the form.
- In the preview tab, you can also switch to JSON and view the content in JSON format.