The Airship integration allows you to send push messages and provide in-app messaging on mobile and web platforms. An Airship account is required to use this integration.
Integrating your Airship account with Blueshift includes the following steps:
- Set up your Airship account.
- Add an adapter for the Airship app.
- Add a Cloud App template.
Before you can integrate with Blueshift, you must have your Airship account set up. To integrate with Blueshift, you need the Access Token.
The access token can be retrieved from the Airship website (go.urbanairship.com), under Settings > APIs & Integrations > Tokens.
To input the correct content to the template and get more information about the Airship API, see https://docs.airship.com/api/ua/#operation/api/push/post.
To add a Airship adapter in Blueshift, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Airship.
- You can also go to Mobile Marketing Apps and select Airship.
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the Access Token.
- Add information for any Additional Headers.
- Click Save to add the adapter.
The adapter is now added and you can use it in your Cloud App template.
A Cloud App template is required to send a payload to Airship from a campaign.
To add a Airship Cloud App template, complete the following steps:
- Go to Creatives > Cloud App.
- Click +TEMPLATES on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Select the Airship app.
Note: Only apps that support Cloud Apps templates and have atleast one adapter configured are displayed on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Configure the template including the name, tags and other relevant information. For more information, see Cloud Apps templates.
Field Description Template Name Specify a name for the template to identify it on the index screen. API Endpoint Specify the API endpoint that receives the request that we make. Adapter Select the adapter to use to send the payload. Tags
Specify tags to organize this template.
Since this template is a Blueshift resource that you use in campaigns, you can use tagging to organize it under folders.
For more information on this, see Tagging.
- On the Content tab, fill the form to specify the data and the format in which to send the data to Salesforce.
You can also switch to JSON and specify the content in JSON format. However, once you switch to JSON, you cannot use the form layout again.