The Airship integration allows you to send push messages and provide in-app messaging on mobile and web platforms.
Before you begin
Before you can set up integration with Blueshift, you must have your Airship account set up.
The following information is required for integration with Blueshift:
- The Access Token: Log into the Airship website (go.urbanairship.com) and go to Settings > APIs & Integrations > Tokens to retrieve the access token.
To input the correct content to the template and get more information about the Airship API, see https://docs.airship.com/api/ua/#operation/api/push/post.
Set up integration
To add a Airship adapter in Blueshift, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Airship.
- You can also go to Mobile Marketing Apps and select Airship.
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the Access Token.
- Add information for any Additional Headers.
- Click Save to add the adapter.
The adapter is now added and you can use it in your Cloud App template.
- Create an Airship cloud app template to send a payload from a campaign.
- In your campaign journey, add a Airship trigger. Select the template that you created.
Create a Airship cloud app template
A Cloud App template is required to send a payload to Airship from a campaign.
To add a Airship Cloud App template, complete the following steps:
- Go to Creatives > Cloud App.
- Click +TEMPLATES on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Select the Airship app.
Note: Only apps that support Cloud Apps templates and have atleast one adapter configured are displayed on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Configure the template including the name, tags and other relevant information. For more information, see Cloud Apps templates.
Field Description Template Name Specify a name for the template to identify it on the index screen. API Endpoint Specify the API endpoint that receives the request that we make. Adapter Select the adapter to use to send the payload. Tags
Specify tags to organize this template.
Since this template is a Blueshift resource that you use in campaigns, you can use tagging to organize it under folders.
For more information on this, see Tagging.
- On the Content tab, fill the form to specify the data and the format in which to send the data to Salesforce.
You can also switch to JSON and specify the content in JSON format. However, once you switch to JSON, you cannot use the form layout again.