The WhatsApp integration with Blueshift allows you to send messages via Whatsapp Messenger.
Before you can set up integration with Blueshift, you must have your WhatsApp account set up.
- Blueshift uses Twilio to integrate with WhatsApp. As such, you must set up a Twilio account to use this integration. Follow the steps to set up a Whatsapp sandbox on Twilio that can be used by the WhatsApp integration.
- Once the setup on Twilio is complete, go to the Twilio console to get the Account SID and Auth Token.
- Configure a webhook to send events data to Blueshift.
To add a WhatsApp adapter in Blueshift, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click App Hub in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select WhatsApp.
- You can also go to Instant Messaging Apps and select WhatsApp.
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the following details for integration:
Field Description Account SID Twilio account SID. Auth Token Twilio Auth token.
- Add information for any Additional Headers.
- Click Save to add the adapter.
The adapter is now added and you can use it in your Cloud App template.
When you create an adapter in the App Hub, the following quick start template is added to the Cloud App templates.
- Send a message
Consider the following points about quick start templates:
- Quick start templates are identified by the label "QUICK START".
- A quick start template is added only when you create the first adapter for the app in App Hub. If you have multiple adapters for an app, you can edit the Adapter details on the template Properties tab to select the required adapter.
- You can use this template as-is in your campaigns. You cannot make any changes to the schema for a quick start template.
- You can clone the template and then edit the schema as required.
- Configure the WhatsApp quick start template to send a payload from a campaign.
- You can clone the quick start template and edit the schema if required. You can also create a new template.
- In your campaign journey, add a WhatsApp trigger. Select the template that you created.
A Cloud App template is required to send a payload to WhatsApp from a campaign. You can include personalizations and recommendations in the template content. For more information, see Cloud Apps templates.
To use a quick start template or to add a WhatsApp Cloud App template, complete the following steps:
- Go to Templates > Cloud App.
- Complete one of the following actions:
- Select the Send a message quick start template for WhatsApp from the list of templates.
- To create a clone of the quick start template, go to the action menu for the template and click Clone.
- To create a new template, click +TEMPLATES on the Cloud App Templates page. Select the WhatsApp app.
Note: Only apps that support Cloud Apps templates and have atleast one adapter configured are displayed on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Go to the Properties tab and configure the template name, tags and other relevant information.
Field Description Template Name Specify a name for the template to identify it on the index screen. API Endpoint Specify the API endpoint that receives the request that we make. Adapter Select the adapter to use to send the payload. Tags
Specify tags to organize this template.
Since this template is a Blueshift resource that you use in campaigns, you can use tagging to organize it under folders.
For more information on this, see Tagging.
- Since WhatsApp uses a phone number as an identifier, it is recommended that you set the Unique Sent Identifier to phone_number in the Advanced Settings.
- Go to the Content tab.
- Go to the Content Form tab and fill the form to specify the data to send to Slack.
- If you are using a cloned quick start template or a new template, go to the Schema tab and configure the schema for the form.
- Add callback URLs for click and impression tracking.
- In the preview tab, you can also switch to JSON and view the content in JSON format.