The WhatsApp integration with Blueshift allows you to send messages via Whatsapp Messenger.
Before you begin
Before you can set up integration with Blueshift, you must have your WhatsApp account set up.
Set up your WhatsApp account
- Blueshift uses Twilio to integrate with WhatsApp. As such, you must set up a Twilio account to use this integration. Follow the steps to set up a Whatsapp sandbox on Twilio that can be used by the WhatsApp integration.
- Once the setup on Twilio is complete, go to the Twilio console to get the Account SID and Auth Token.
Set up integration
To add a WhatsApp adapter in Blueshift, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select WhatsApp.
- You can also go to Instant Messaging Apps and select WhatsApp.
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the following details for integration:
Field Description Account SID Twilio account SID. Auth Token Twilio Auth token.
- Add information for any Additional Headers.
- Click Save to add the adapter.
The adapter is now added and you can use it in your Cloud App template.
- Create a WhatsApp cloud app template to send a payload from a campaign.
- In your campaign journey, add a WhatsApp trigger. Select the template that you created.
Create a WhatsApp cloud app template
A Cloud App template is required to send a payload to WhatsApp from a campaign.
To add a WhatsApp Cloud App template, complete the following steps:
- Go to Creatives > Cloud App.
- Click +TEMPLATES on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Select the WhatsApp app.
Note: Only apps that support Cloud Apps templates and have atleast one adapter configured are displayed on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Configure the template including the name, tags and other relevant information. For more information, see Cloud Apps templates.
Field Description Template Name Specify a name for the template to identify it on the index screen. API Endpoint Specify the API endpoint that receives the request that we make. Adapter Select the adapter to use to send the payload. Tags
Specify tags to organize this template.
Since this template is a Blueshift resource that you use in campaigns, you can use tagging to organize it under folders.
For more information on this, see Tagging.
- Since WhatsApp uses a phone number as an identifier, it is recommended that you set the Unique Sent Identifier to phone_number under Show Advanced Settings.
- On the Content tab, fill the form to specify the data and the format in which to send the data to WhatsApp.
You can also switch to JSON and specify the content in JSON format. However, once you switch to JSON, you cannot use the form layout again.