Use the Blueshift - Google Analytics integration to update data in Google Analytics.
Before you can integrate with Blueshift, you must have your Google Analytics account set up.
Integrating your Google Analytics account with Blueshift includes the following steps:
- Set up your Google Analytics account.
- Add an adapter for the Google Analytics app.
- Add a Cloud App template.
To set up your Google Analytics account, see https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/protocol/v1/reference.
When you set up OAuth in Google Analytics, set the Redirect URL = https://app.getblueshift.com/api/v1/account_app_profiles/oauth_callback
To add a Google Analytics adapter in Blueshift, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Google Analytics.
- You can also go to Data Platforms Apps and select Google Analytics.
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Add information for any Additional Headers.
- Click Save to add the adapter.
The adapter is now added and you can use it in your Cloud App template.
A Cloud App template is required to send a payload to Google Analytics from a campaign.
To add a Google Analytics Cloud App template, complete the following steps:
- Go to Creatives > Cloud App.
- Click +TEMPLATES on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Select the Google Analytics app.
Note: Only apps that support Cloud Apps templates and have atleast one adapter configured are displayed on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Configure the template including the name, tags and other relevant information. For more information, see Cloud Apps templates.
Field Description Template Name Specify a name for the template to identify it on the index screen. API Endpoint Specify the API endpoint that receives the request that we make. Adapter Select the adapter to use to send the payload. Tags
Specify tags to organize this template.
Since this template is a Blueshift resource that you use in campaigns, you can use tagging to organize it under folders.
For more information on this, see Tagging.
- On the Content tab, fill the form to specify the data and the format in which to send the data to Google Analytics.
You can also switch to JSON and specify the content in JSON format. However, once you switch to JSON, you cannot use the form layout again.