Lob's API products empower technology-focused companies to build powerful applications to control and scale their physical mailing. Instead of working through the complexities of direct mail, you can now access commercial grade printing & mailing infrastructure on-demand via a simple RESTful API.
Before you can integrate with Blueshift, you must have your Lob account set up.
Integrating your Lob account with Blueshift includes the following steps:
- Set up your Lob account.
- Add an adapter for the Lob app.
- Add a Cloud App template.
To integrate with Blueshift, you need the API key from your Inkit account. You can find your account's API keys in your Dashboard Settings.
For more information about the Lob API, see https://lob.com/docs/node#postcards_create.
To add a Lob adapter in Blueshift, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Lob.
- You can also go to Direct Mail Apps and select Lob.
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the following details for integration:
Field Description API key The API key from your Lob account.
- Add information for any Additional Headers.
- Click Save to add the adapter.
The adapter is now added and you can use it in your Cloud App template.
A Cloud App template is required to send a payload to Lob from a campaign. With the Lob template, you can send postcards to users.
To add a Salesforce Cloud App template, complete the following steps:
- Go to Creatives > Cloud App.
- Click +TEMPLATES on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Select the Lob app.
Note: Only apps that support Cloud Apps templates and have atleast one adapter configured are displayed on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Configure the template including the name, tags and other relevant information. For more information, see Cloud Apps templates.
Field Description Template Name Specify a name for the template to identify it on the index screen. API Endpoint Specify the API endpoint that receives the request that we make. Adapter Select the adapter to use to send the payload. Tags
Specify tags to organize this template.
Since this template is a Blueshift resource that you use in campaigns, you can use tagging to organize it under folders.
For more information on this, see Tagging.
- On the Content tab, fill the form to specify the data and the format in which to send the data to Salesforce.
You can also switch to JSON and specify the content in JSON format. However, once you switch to JSON, you cannot use the form layout again.