The integration with Facebook Messenger allows you to send messages via Facebook Messenger.
Before you begin
Before you can set up integration with Blueshift, you must have your Facebook Messenger developer account set up.
A Facebook developer account is required to use this integration.
Set up your Facebook Messenger account
Complete the following steps to set up your Facebook Messenger developer account:
- Set up your Facebook app by following the steps provided here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/messenger-platform/getting-started/app-setup
- Once the app is set up, you can access the Page access token by following the instructions here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/access-tokens/#pagetokens
- Use the Page access token in the API endpoint using which data is sent to Facebook Messenger. The API endpoint to use is:
For example, if the page access token is “ACJA456ASDHJADJ456AFS7BA”, then the “API Endpoint” will be “https://graph.facebook.com/v2.6/me/messages?access_token=ACJA456ASDHJADJ456AFS7BA”
For more information about the Facebook Messenger API, see https://developers.facebook.com/docs/messenger-platform/reference/send-api/#example_request
Set up integration
To add a Facebook Messenger adapter in Blueshift, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Facebook Messenger.
- You can also go to Instant Messaging Apps and select Facebook Messenger.
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Add information for any Additional Headers.
- Click Save to add the adapter.
The adapter is now added and you can use it in your Cloud App template.
Quick start templates
When you create an adapter in the App Hub, the following quick start template is added to the Cloud App templates.
- Send a message
Consider the following points about quick start templates:
- Quick start templates are identified by the label "QUICK START".
- A quick start template is added only when you create the first adapter for the app in App Hub. If you have multiple adapters for an app, you can edit the Adapter details on the template Properties tab to select the required adapter.
- You can use this template as-is in your campaigns. You cannot make any changes to the schema for a quick start template.
- You can clone the template and then edit the schema as required.
- Configure the Facebook Messenger quick start template to send a payload from a campaign.
- You can clone the quick start template and edit the schema if required. You can also create a new template.
- In your campaign journey, add a Facebook Messenger trigger. Select the template that you created.
Configure or create a Facebook Messenger cloud app template
A Cloud App template is required to send a payload to Facebook Messenger from a campaign. You can include personalizations and recommendations in the template content. For more information, see Cloud Apps templates.
To use a quick start template or to add a Facebook Messenger Cloud App template, complete the following steps:
- Go to Creatives > Cloud App.
- Complete one of the following actions:
- Select the Send a message quick start template for Facebook Messenger from the list of templates.
- To create a clone of the quick start template, go to the action menu for the template and click Clone.
- To create a new template, click +TEMPLATES on the Cloud App Templates page. Select the Facebook Messenger app.
Note: Only apps that support Cloud Apps templates and have atleast one adapter configured are displayed on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Go to the Properties tab and configure the template name, tags and other relevant information.
Field Description Template Name Specify a name for the template to identify it on the index screen. API Endpoint Specify the API endpoint that receives the request that is made by the Blueshift app.
See step 3 from the Set up your Facebook Messenger account section.
Adapter Select the adapter to use to send the payload. Tags
Specify tags to organize this template.
Since this template is a Blueshift resource that you use in campaigns, you can use tagging to organize it under folders.
For more information on this, see Tagging.
- It is recommended that you set the Unique Sent Identifier under Advanced Settings to the user attribute you use to identify the recipient. For example, if you are using “phone_number” as the recipient attribute in the Content tab, set the “Unique Sent Identifier” to “phone_number”.
- Go to the Content tab.
- Go to the Content Form tab and fill the form to specify the data to send to Facebook Messenger.
- If you are using a cloned quick start template or a new template, go to the Schema tab and configure the schema for the form.
- In the preview tab, you can also switch to JSON and view the content in JSON format.