The integration with Slack allows you to send messages to a slack channel or user. A slack app is required to use this integration. The receiving slack workspace must download this app and authorize incoming webhooks.
Slack provides a unique url for each channel/user to send a message. Copy and paste that url into the “API Endpoint” field in the template editor. Slack does not require authentication headers, so leave the auth fields blank.
For more information about the Slack API, visit: https://api.slack.com/incoming-webhooks.
Integrating your Slack account with Blueshift includes the following steps:
- Set up your Slack account.
- Add an adapter for the Slack app.
- Add a Cloud App template.
Before you can integrate with Blueshift you must set up your Slack account. To integrate with Blueshift, you need the Client ID and Client Secret required for API integration. For more information, see Using OAuth 2.0.
When you set up OAuth in Slack, set the Redirect URL = https://app.getblueshift.com/api/v1/account_app_profiles/oauth_callback
To add a Slack adapter in Blueshift, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Slack.
- You can also go to Instant Messaging Apps and select Slack.
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the following details for integration:
Field Description Client ID The Client ID for accessing Slack APIs. Client Secret The Client Secret for accessing Slack APIs. Scopes
OAuth scopes let you specify exactly how your app needs to access a Slack user's account. As an app developer, you specify your desired scopes in the initial OAuth authorization request.
When a user is responding to your OAuth request, the requested scopes will be displayed to them when they are asked to approve your request.
For more information, see OAuth Permission Scopes.
- Add information for any Additional Headers.
- Click Save to add the adapter.
The adapter is now added and you can use it in your Cloud App template.
A Cloud App template is required to send a payload to Slack from a campaign.
To add a Salesforce Cloud App template, complete the following steps:
- Go to Creatives > Cloud App.
- Click +TEMPLATES on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Select the Slack app.
Note: Only apps that support Cloud Apps templates and have atleast one adapter configured are displayed on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Configure the template including the name, tags and other relevant information. For more information, see Cloud Apps templates.
Field Description Template Name Specify a name for the template to identify it on the index screen. API Endpoint Specify the API endpoint that receives the request that we make. Adapter Select the adapter to use to send the payload. Tags
Specify tags to organize this template.
Since this template is a Blueshift resource that you use in campaigns, you can use tagging to organize it under folders.
For more information on this, see Tagging.
- On the Content tab, fill the form to specify the data and the format in which to send the data to Salesforce.
You can also switch to JSON and specify the content in JSON format. However, once you switch to JSON, you cannot use the form layout again.