Zendesk provides support, sales, and customer engagement software for everyone. You can create a Blueshift cloud app template for Zendesk and use it in a campaign. So that, when a customer reaches a specific stage in a customer journey, we take all the required customer attributes and export them to Zendesk. You can then complete actions such as create a ticket, add a comment to a ticket, create a user with recommended products. You can use our Zendesk integration to work on any of your Zendesk object.
Before you begin
Before you can set up integration with Blueshift, you must have your Zendesk account set up.
Complete the following settings in Zendesk before you set up integration with Blueshift:
- Obtain the Client ID and Client Secret required for API integration. For more information, see the Zendesk documentation.
- Set up OAuth in Zendesk and set the Redirect URL = https://app.getblueshift.com/api/v1/account_app_profiles/oauth_callback
Set up integration
To add a Zendesk adapter in Blueshift, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Zendesk.
- You can also go to Helpdesk Apps and select Zendesk.
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the following details for integration:
Field Description Subdomain The subdomain name for the Zendesk account. Client ID The Client ID for accessing Zendesk APIs. Client Secret The Client Secret for accessing Zendesk APIs. Scopes
A space-separated list of scopes that control access to the Zendesk resources. You can request read, write, or impersonate access to all resources or to specific resources.
For more information, see Setting the scope.
- Add information for any Additional Headers.
- Click Log in to Zendesk to authenticate.
- Click Save to add the adapter.
The adapter is now added and you can use it in your Cloud App template.
- Create a Zendesk cloud app template to send a payload from a campaign.
- In your campaign journey, add a Zendesk trigger. Select the template that you created.
Create a Zendesk cloud app template
A Cloud App template is required to send a payload to Zendesk from a campaign.
To add a Zendesk Cloud App template, complete the following steps:
- Go to Creatives > Cloud App.
- Click +TEMPLATES on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Select the Zendesk app.
Note: Only apps that support Cloud Apps templates and have atleast one adapter configured are displayed on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Configure the template including the name, tags and other relevant information. For more information, see Cloud Apps templates.
Field Description Template Name Specify a name for the template to identify it on the index screen. API Endpoint Specify the API endpoint that receives the request that we make. Generally, it looks like: https://bsftreads.zendesk.com/api/v2/tickets Adapter Select the adapter to use to send the payload. Tags
Specify tags to organize this template.
Since this template is a Blueshift resource that you use in campaigns, you can use tagging to organize it under folders.
For more information on this, see Tagging.
- On the Content tab, fill the form to specify the data and the format in which to send the data to Salesforce.
You can also switch to JSON and specify the content in JSON format. However, once you switch to JSON, you cannot use the form layout again.