Salesforce is the leading cloud based CRM solution that you can use to track your customers and accelerate your deals. You can:
- Create a record of any object like Leads, Opportunity, contact or any other custom object into your Salesforce account using our Salesforce integration.
- Update/Upload a record of any object into your Salesforce account using our Salesforce integration.
- Mapping of custom attributes of Salesforce object to customer profiles and recommendations.
Before you begin
Before you can set up integration with Blueshift, you must have your Salesforce account set up.
- Add a new Connected App in Salesforce.
- Note down the Client ID and Client Secret.
- Note down the subdomain name for the Salesforce account.
Add a new Connected App in Salesforce
To add a new Connected App in Salesforce, complete the following steps:
- Log into your Salesforce account.
- From Setup, go to the Home tab and navigate to Platform Tools > Apps > Apps Manager.
- Click New Connected App.
- In the Basic Information section, add a Name for the Connected App.
For more information, see Configure Basic Connected App Settings.
- In the API (Enable OAuth Settings) section, select Enable OAuth Settings.
- Set Callback URL = https://app.getblueshift.com/api/v1/account_app_profiles/oauth_callback.
- Select the OAuth scopes to apply to the connected app. Set the scopes you want Blueshift to have access to.
- Select Require Secret for Web Server Flow and Require Secret for Refresh Token Flow.
For more information, see Enable OAuth Settings for API Integration.
- To avoid frequent reauthorization, we recommend that you complete the following settings:
- In the OAuth scopes, add the Perform requests at any time (refresh_token, offline_access) permission.
- Under the OAuth policies, for the Refresh Token Policy, select the Refresh token is valid until revoked option.
- Configure other settings for the app as required.
- Save the app.
Note: When a new app is created, it can take some time before the app is available for use. If an Invalid Client ID error occurs when you add a Salesforce adapter in Blueshift, verify that the Salesforce connected app is available for use by viewing the app details. Also verify that you have copied the correct Client ID and Client Secret.
For more information, see Create a Connected App.
The client ID and client secret
To get the Client ID and Client Secret, complete the following steps:
- Go to Apps Manager.
- Go to the new app that you just created, click the down arrow, and click View.
- Go to the API (Enable OAuth Settings) section.
- Copy the Consumer Key. This is the Client ID that you will use to integrate with Blueshift.
- For the Consumer Secret, click Click to reveal. Copy the Consumer Secret. This is the Client Secret that you will use to integrate with Blueshift.
The subdomain name
This is the part of the URL that you use to log into your Salesforce account.
For example, if the URL you use to log into your Salesforce account is https://abc.my.salesforce.com/, use abc.my as the subdomain.
Set up integration
To add a Salesforce adapter in Blueshift, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Salesforce.
- You can also go to CRM Apps and select Salesforce.
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the following details for integration:
Field Description Subdomain The subdomain name for the Salesforce account. Client ID The Client ID for accessing Salesforce APIs. Client Secret The Client Secret for accessing Salesforce APIs. Scopes Leave this field blank if you have already set the OAuth scopes in Salesforce when you created the connected app.
- Add information for any Additional Headers.
- Click Log in to Salesforce to add the adapter.
- In the Authorization dialog that opens, click Allow to complete the integration.
The adapter is now added and you can use it in your Cloud App template. A quick start template that uses the adapter is also added.
Quick start templates
When you create an adapter in the App Hub, the following quick start templates are added to the Cloud App templates.
- Create a contact
- Create a lead
- Create an account
- Send an email
Consider the following points about quick start templates:
- Quick start templates are identified by the label "QUICK START".
- A quick start template is added only when you create the first adapter for the app in App Hub. If you have multiple adapters for an app, you can edit the Adapter details on the template Properties tab to select the required adapter.
- You can use this template as-is in your campaigns. You cannot make any changes to the schema for a quick start template.
- You can clone the template and then edit the schema as required.
- Configure a Salesforce quick start template to send a payload from a campaign.
- You can clone a quick start template and edit the schema if required. You can also create a new template.
- In your campaign journey, add a Salesforce trigger. Select the template that you created.
Configure or create a Salesforce cloud app template
A Cloud App template is required to send a payload to Salesforce from a campaign. For more information, see Cloud Apps templates.
To use a quick start template or to add a Salesforce Cloud App template, complete the following steps:
- Go to Creatives > Cloud App.
- Complete one of the following actions:
- Select any one of the quick start templates for Salesforce from the list of templates.
- To create a clone of the quick start template, go to the action menu for the template and click Clone.
- To create a new template, click +TEMPLATES on the Cloud App Templates page. Select the Salesforce app.
Note: Only apps that support Cloud Apps templates and have atleast one adapter configured are displayed on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Go to the Properties tab and configure the template name, add tags and other relevant information.
Field Description Template Name Specify a name for the template to identify it on the index screen. API Endpoint Specify the API endpoint that receives the request that we make. Adapter Select the adapter to use to send the payload. Tags
Specify tags to organize this template.
Since this template is a Blueshift resource that you use in campaigns, you can use tagging to organize it under folders.
For more information on this, see Tagging.
- Go to the Content tab.
- Go to the Content Form tab and fill the form to specify the data to send to Salesforce. You can use personalizations in the content.
- If you are using a cloned quick start template or a new template, go to the Schema tab and configure the schema for the form.
- In the preview tab, you can also switch to JSON and view the content in JSON format.