You can send web notifications to your customers using the Pushnami integration. Your customers receive a notification on their desktop if they use browsers, such as Chrome and Firefox. Pushnami is available as a cloud app and you can perform the steps provided below to integrate Pushnami with Blueshift.
Before you begin, ensure that you have a Pushnami account. You'll need API keys from your Pushnami account to integrate it with Blueshift.
Ensure that you have installed Pushnami's code on your site, and can send web notifications to your customers using Pushnami. For more information, see this document. [External link to Pushnami's documentation. You have to sign in using credentials registered with Pushnami to access it.]
Before you integrate Pushnami with Blueshift, perform the following steps to get the API key from your Pushnami account.
- Sign in to your Pushnami account.
- Using the drop-down on the top, select the site to which you want to push notifications from Blueshift.
- On the top-right corner of the screen, click on your account name and select Settings & API Keys.
- On the Account Settings page, click on GENERATE API TOKEN.
- Copy the API key from the Generate API key dialog that appears and save it in a secure location.
To send browser notifications to your customers, you have to create a Cloud App template. The template contains the content of the web push notifications that we send to your customers. When you create the template, you also integrate Pushnami with Blueshift. Perform the following steps to create the Pushnami template and integrate Pushnami with Blueshift.
- Sign in to the Blueshift app.
- On the left navigation panel, click Creatives > Cloud App.
- Click + TEMPLATE on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Choose Pushnami, on the Select a Cloud App page.
- On the right side panel of the Pushnami page, click Show Advanced Settings, and provide Authorization as the key and the API key from your Pushnami account as its value under HTTP headers.
- Click Save.
You can also use the options in the left panel to create a template and test sending a notification from Blueshift to a user.
To send a test notification:
- Provide the subscriber ID of the user to whom you want to push a notification
- Specify the content of the notification such as:
- Its title
- The icon that you want the user to see
- Click Test Send.
The user should see a browser notification that you push from our platform.