You can send web notifications to your customers using the Pushnami integration. Your customers receive a notification on their desktop if they use browsers, such as Chrome and Firefox.
Before you begin, ensure that you have a Pushnami account. You'll need API keys from your Pushnami account to integrate it with Blueshift.
Integrating your Pushnami account with Blueshift includes the following steps:
- Set up Pushnami on your site.
- Get the API key from Pushnami.
- Add an adapter for the Braze app.
- Add a Cloud App template.
Ensure that you have installed Pushnami's code on your site, and can send web notifications to your customers using Pushnami. For more information, see the Pushnami documentation. [You must sign in using credentials registered with Pushnami to access the documentation.]
Before you integrate Pushnami with Blueshift, complete the following steps to get the API key from your Pushnami account.
- Sign in to your Pushnami account.
- Using the drop-down on the top, select the site to which you want to push notifications from Blueshift.
- On the top-right corner of the screen, click on your account name and select Settings & API Keys.
- On the Account Settings page, click on GENERATE API TOKEN.
- Copy the API key from the Generate API key dialog that appears and save it in a secure location.
To add a Pushnami adapter in Blueshift, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Pushnami.
- You can also go to Web Push Apps and select Pushnami.
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the API Key.
- Add information for any Additional Headers.
- Click Save to add the adapter.
The adapter is now added and you can use it in your Cloud App template.
A Cloud App template is required to send a payload to Pushnami from a campaign.
To add a Pushnami Cloud App template, complete the following steps:
- Go to Creatives > Cloud App.
- Click +TEMPLATES on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Select the Pushnami app.
Note: Only apps that support Cloud Apps templates and have atleast one adapter configured are displayed on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Configure the template including the name, tags and other relevant information. For more information, see Cloud Apps templates.
Field Description Template Name Specify a name for the template to identify it on the index screen. API Endpoint Specify the API endpoint that receives the request that we make. Adapter Select the adapter to use to send the payload. Tags
Specify tags to organize this template.
Since this template is a Blueshift resource that you use in campaigns, you can use tagging to organize it under folders.
For more information on this, see Tagging.
- On the Content tab, fill the form to specify the data and the format in which to send the data to Salesforce.
You can also switch to JSON and specify the content in JSON format. However, once you switch to JSON, you cannot use the form layout again.
You can also use the options in the left panel to create a template and test sending a notification from Blueshift to a user.
To send a test notification, complete the following steps:
- Provide the subscriber ID of the user to whom you want to push a notification
- Specify the content of the notification such as:
- Its title
- The icon that you want the user to see
- Click Test Send.
The user should see a browser notification that you push from our platform.