You can send web notifications to your customers using the Pushnami integration. Your customers receive a notification on their desktop if they use browsers, such as Chrome and Firefox.
Before you begin
Before you can set up integration with Blueshift, you must have your Pushnami account set up.
Complete the following settings in Pushnami before you set up integration with Blueshift:
Set up Pushnami on your site
Ensure that you have installed Pushnami's code on your site, and can send web notifications to your customers using Pushnami. For more information, see the Pushnami documentation. [You must sign in using credentials registered with Pushnami to access the documentation.]
Get the API key from Pushnami
Before you integrate Pushnami with Blueshift, complete the following steps to get the API key from your Pushnami account.
- Sign in to your Pushnami account.
- Using the drop-down on the top, select the site to which you want to push notifications from Blueshift.
- On the top-right corner of the screen, click on your account name and select Settings & API Keys.
- On the Account Settings page, click on GENERATE API TOKEN.
- Copy the API key from the Generate API key dialog that appears and save it in a secure location.
Set up integration
To add a Pushnami adapter in Blueshift, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Pushnami.
- You can also go to Web Push Apps and select Pushnami.
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the API Key.
- Add information for any Additional Headers.
- Click Save to add the adapter.
The adapter is now added and you can use it in your Cloud App template.
Quick start templates
When you create an adapter in the App Hub, the following quick start template is added to the Cloud App templates.
- Send a web push
Consider the following points about quick start templates:
- Quick start templates are identified by the label "QUICK START".
- A quick start template is added only when you create the first adapter for the app in App Hub. If you have multiple adapters for an app, you can edit the Adapter details on the template Properties tab to select the required adapter.
- You can use this template as-is in your campaigns. You cannot make any changes to the schema for a quick start template.
- You can clone the template and then edit the schema as required.
- Configure the Pushnami quick start template to send a payload from a campaign.
- You can clone the quick start template and edit the schema if required. You can also create a new template.
- Verify integration.
- In your campaign journey, add a Pushnami trigger. Select the template that you created.
Configure or create a Pushnami cloud app template
A Cloud App template is required to send a payload to Pushnami from a campaign. You can include personalizations and recommendations in the template content. For more information, see Cloud Apps templates.
To use a quick start template or to add a Pushnami Cloud App template, complete the following steps:
- Go to Creatives > Cloud App.
- Complete one of the following actions:
- Select the Send a web push quick start template for Pushnami from the list of templates.
- To create a clone of the quick start template, go to the action menu for the template and click Clone.
- To create a new template, click +TEMPLATES on the Cloud App Templates page. Select the Pushnami app.
Note: Only apps that support Cloud Apps templates and have atleast one adapter configured are displayed on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Go to the Properties tab and configure the template name, add tags and other relevant information.
Field Description Template Name Specify a name for the template to identify it on the index screen. API Endpoint Specify the API endpoint that receives the request that we make. Adapter Select the adapter to use to send the payload. Tags
Specify tags to organize this template.
Since this template is a Blueshift resource that you use in campaigns, you can use tagging to organize it under folders.
For more information, see Tagging.
- Go to the Content tab.
- Go to the Content Form tab and fill the form to specify the data to send to Pushnami.
- If you are using a cloned quick start template or a new template, go to the Schema tab and configure the schema for the form.
- In the preview tab, you can also switch to JSON and view the content in JSON format.
To send a test notification, complete the following steps:
- Go to the Content tab in the template.
- Provide the subscriber ID of the user to whom you want to push a notification
- Specify the content of the notification such as:
- Its title
- The icon that you want the user to see
- Go to the Test tab and send a test message.
The user should see a browser notification that you push from our platform.