Mailgun provides powerful APIs that you can use to send, receive, and track emails. You can integrate Mailgun with Blueshift to send emails to your customers as a part of a campaign journey. With Mailgun integration, we can track the following:
- Unique impressions
- Unique clicks
- Delivered (sent and not bounced)
- Spam reports
There are two steps to Mailgun integration with Blueshift:
- Get the Mailgun API key
- Add Mailgun adapter in Blueshift
To get the API key, first add your sender domain in the Mailgun account and then get your account's API key. If you already have the API key, you can directly proceed to the step where you add the Mailgun adapter in Blueshift.
To add a sender domain, complete the following steps:
- In your Mailgun account, click Domains under Sending on the left navigation panel.
- On the domains page, click Add New Domain.
- On the add your domain page, specify the sender sub-domain in the Domain name field and then click Add Domain. There are other options on this page that you can use to configure your setup. For more information, see this article on Mailgun documentation.
- The next page provides the options that you need to update the DNS entries with your DNS provider, and the option to verify your sub-domain with Mailgun. Ensure that you perform the steps provided in this article of the Mailgun documentation to update the DNS entries and verify your sub-domain.
If the sending domain is set up and verified, you can get the API key of your Mailgun account. The API keys are available under the settings on the left navigation panel of the Mailgun account.
To see the API keys, click on the eye icon .
After you have the Mailgun API key ready, complete the following steps to add the Mailgun adapter in Blueshift.
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Mailgun.
- You can also go to Email Apps and select Mailgun.
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the following details for integration:
Specify an alias for the adapter. This is for identification purpose only.
Provide the API key that you get from your Mailgun account. For more information, see get the API key.
Specify the sending domain that you add in Blueshift. If you have not added a sending domain, see add your sending domain in Mailgun.
Specify a name that is displayed on the From field of an email. You can override this value in the trigger that you create for a campaign.
Specify the sender's email address. You can override this value in the trigger that you create for a campaign.
Ensure that domain that you use for this address is the same as the domain that you add in Mailgun.
For example, if you add default.subdomain.com in Mailgun, the From Address value should be firstname.lastname@example.org where someone can be anyone.
Reply To Address
Specify the email address to which a user can reply.
Specify the email addresses of people who should receive the copy of the email that your customers receive.
Use comma to provide multiple email addresses. For example:
By default, our platform sends a copy of the email to the email addresses that you specify. If you want to include the email addresses in the BCC field of the email, drop us an email on email@example.com.
Whitelabel host name (CNAME)
Specify the CNAME value of your sending domain if you want to use Mailgun's click tracking. We do not use Mailgun's tracking data in our platform.
You can find the CNAME value in the domain settings. To access domain settings in your Mailgun account:
- Click Sending > Domains on the left panel.
- Click on the domain in the right panel.
- On the left panel, click Domain settings.
- In the Domain settings, select the DNS records tab. The CNAME value is available under this tab.
This setting is optional and you can leave this field blank.
- In addition, you can bypass Mailgun's suppression list.
- Click Save to add the adapter.