Mailgun provides powerful APIs that you can use to send, receive, and track emails.
You can integrate Mailgun with Blueshift to send emails to your customers as a part of a campaign journey. With Mailgun integration, we can track the following:
- Unique impressions
- Unique clicks
- Delivered (sent and not bounced)
- Spam reports
There are two steps to Mailgun integration with Blueshift:
- Get the Mailgun API key
- Add Mailgun adapter in Blueshift
To get the API key, first add your sender domain in the Mailgun account and then get your account's API key. If you already have the API key, you can directly proceed to the step where you add the Mailgun adapter in Blueshift.
Perform the following steps to add a sender domain:
- In your Mailgun account, click Domains under Sending on the left navigation panel.
- On the domains page, click Add New Domain.
- On the add your domain page, specify the sender sub-domain in the Domain name field and then click Add Domain. There are other options on this page that you can use to configure your setup. For more information, see this article on Mailgun documentation.
- The next page provides the options that you need to update the DNS entries with your DNS provider, and the option to verify your sub-domain with Mailgun. Ensure that you perform the steps provided in this article of the Mailgun documentation to update the DNS entries and verify your sub-domain.
If the sending domain is set up and verified, you can get the API key of your Mailgun account. The API keys are available under the settings on the left navigation panel of the Mailgun account.
To see the API keys, click on the eye icon .
After you have the Mailgun API key ready, perform the following steps to add the Mailgun adapter in Blueshift.
- In the Blueshift app, click Settings > Channels.
- On the Setup Channels page, select Mailgun under Email.
- On the Mailgun adapter page of the Blueshift app, click +ADD ADAPTER and provide the following details:
Specify an alias for the adapter. This is for identification purpose only.
Provide the API key that you get from your Mailgun account. For more information, see get the API key.
Specify the sending domain that you add in Blueshift. If you have not added a sending domain, see add your sending domain in Mailgun.
Specify a name that is displayed on the From field of an email. You can override this value in the trigger that you create for a campaign.
Specify the sender's email address. You can override this value in the trigger that you create for a campaign.
Ensure that domain that you use for this address is the same as the domain that you add in Mailgun. For example, if you add default.subdomain.com in Mailgun, the From Address value should be firstname.lastname@example.org where someone can be anyone.
Reply To Address
Specify the email address to which a user can reply.
Whitelabel host name (CNAME)
Specify the CNAME value of the sending domain that you add in Mailgun. This setting is optional and you can leave this field blank.
Specify the CNAME value of your sending domain if you want to use Mailgun's click tracking. We do not use Mailgun's tracking data in our platform.
You can find the CNAME value in the domain settings. To access domain settings in your Mailgun account:
- Click Sending > Domains on the left panel.
- Click on the domain in the right panel.
- On the left panel, click Domain settings.
- In the Domain settings, select the DNS records tab. The CNAME value is available under this tab.
- Click Save.