The Inkit integration with Blueshift through its webhook provides the ability to send direct, physical mails to your customers through the postal service.
Before you can integrate with Blueshift, you must have your Inkit account set up.
Integrating your Inkit account with Blueshift includes the following steps:
- Set up your Inkit account.
- Add an adapter for the Inkit app.
- Add a Cloud App template.
To integrate with Blueshift, you need the API key from your Inkit account. For more information about obtaining the API key, see Authentication.
To add an Inkit adapter in Blueshift, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Inkit.
- You can also go to Direct Mail Apps and select Inkit.
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the following details for integration:
Field Description API key Provide the API token from your Inkit account.
- Add information for any Additional Headers.
- Click Save to add the adapter.
The adapter is now added and you can use it in your Cloud App template.
A Cloud App template is required to send a payload to Inkit from a campaign.
To add a Inkit Cloud App template, complete the following steps:
- Go to Creatives > Cloud App.
- Click +TEMPLATES on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Select the Inkit app.
Note: Only apps that support Cloud Apps templates and have atleast one adapter configured are displayed on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Configure the template including the name, tags and other relevant information. For more information, see Cloud Apps templates.
Field Description Template Name Specify a name for the template to identify it on the index screen. API Endpoint Specify the API endpoint that receives the request that we make. Adapter Select the adapter to use to send the payload. Tags
Specify tags to organize this template.
Since this template is a Blueshift resource that you use in campaigns, you can use tagging to organize it under folders.
For more information on this, see Tagging.
- On the Content tab, fill the form to specify the data and the format in which to send the data to Inkit.
You can also switch to JSON and specify the content in JSON format. However, once you switch to JSON, you cannot use the form layout again.
You must provide the following information in the content:
- Template ID: You can get the template ID from the Inkit templates page. Click on the three dots against the template that you want to use and then click Copy ID. For more information, see Inkit General Webhook Integration documentation.
- API Token: You can get the API token from your Inkit account settings (the same location where you got the authorization header).