The Inkit integration with Blueshift through its webhook provides the ability to send direct, physical mails to your customers through the postal service.
Before you can set up integration with Blueshift, you must have your Inkit account set up.
Complete the following settings in Inkit before you set up integration with Blueshift:
- Create an API key from your Inkit account. For more information, see Add an API key to your Inkit account.
- Create a template in Inkit. This is the template that will receive the payload from a campaign.
Set up integration
To add an Inkit adapter in Blueshift, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Inkit.
- You can also go to Direct Mail Apps and select Inkit.
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the following details for integration:
Field Description API key Provide the API token from your Inkit account.
- Add information for any Additional Headers.
- Click Save to add the adapter.
The adapter is now added and you can use it in your Cloud App template.
Quick start templates
When you create an adapter in the App Hub, the following quick start template is added to the Cloud App templates.
- Send a direct mail
Consider the following points about quick start templates:
- Quick start templates are identified by the label "QUICK START".
- A quick start template is added only when you create the first adapter for the app in App Hub. If you have multiple adapters for an app, you can edit the Adapter details on the template Properties tab to select the required adapter.
- You can use this template as-is in your campaigns. You cannot make any changes to the schema for a quick start template.
- You can clone the template and then edit the schema as required.
- Configure the Inkit quick start template to send a payload from a campaign.
- You can clone the quick start template and edit the schema if required. You can also create a new template.
- In your campaign journey, add an Inkit trigger. Select the template that you created.
Create an Inkit cloud app template
A Cloud App template is required to send a payload to Inkit from a campaign. For more information, see Cloud Apps templates.
To use a quick start template or to add a Inkit Cloud App template, complete the following steps:
- Go to Creatives > Cloud App.
- Complete one of the following actions:
- Select the Send a direct mail quick start template for Inkit from the list of templates.
- To create a clone of the quick start template, go to the action menu for the template and click Clone.
- To create a new template, click +TEMPLATES on the Cloud App Templates page. Select the Inkit app.
Note: Only apps that support Cloud Apps templates and have atleast one adapter configured are displayed on the Cloud App Templates page.
- Go to the Properties tab and configure the template name, add tags and other relevant information.
Field Description Template Name Specify a name for the template to identify it on the index screen. API Endpoint Specify the API endpoint that receives the request that we make. Adapter Select the adapter to use to send the payload. Tags
Specify tags to organize this template.
Since this template is a Blueshift resource that you use in campaigns, you can use tagging to organize it under folders.
For more information on this, see Tagging.
- Go to the Content tab.
- Go to the Content Form tab and fill the form to specify the data to send to Inkit. You can use personalizations in the content.
- If you are using a cloned quick start template or a new template, go to the Schema tab and configure the schema for the form.
You must provide the following information in the content:
- Template ID: You can get the Inkit template ID from the Inkit templates page. Click on the three dots against the template that you want to use and then click Copy ID. For more information, see the Inkit documentation to Set up a webhook to an event.
- API Token: You can get the API token from your Inkit account settings (the same location where you got the authorization header).
- In the preview tab, you can also switch to JSON and view the content in JSON format.