SendGrid provides a cloud-based email delivery service that assists businesses with email delivery. The service manages various types of email including shipping notifications, friend requests, sign-up confirmations, and email newsletters. It also handles internet service provider (ISP) monitoring, domain keys, sender policy framework (SPF), and feedback loops.
With Sendgrid integration, we can track the following:
- Unique impressions
- Unique clicks
- Delivered (sent and not bounced)
- Spam reports
There are two steps to integrate with SendGrid:
- Let Blueshift access your SendGrid account
- Add a SendGrid adapter in Blueshift
You can directly go to the second step if you think that Blueshift can access the configuration of your SendGrid account to send emails.
To enable access for Blueshift, you have to:
- Create a sub user account
- Configure a sub domain in SendGrid
- Create event callback in SendGrid
Perform the following steps to create a sub account:
- Sub account should be created for each Blueshift adapter.
- Sub Accounts/Blueshift adapters can share IPs.
- Set Sub User name and password.
- Select IP Address from step 1.
To configure a sub domain in SendGrid:
- Configure Sending Domain authentication and configure Reverse DNS. For more information, see SendGrid DNS authentication documentation.
- Add SendGrid DNS entries with your hosting provider. Each hosting provider's configuration varies. Ensure that you follow the steps that your DNS provider supports.
Verify the sub domain in Sendgrid:
Associate the sub domain that you se tup to the sub user that you create. At a high level:
Select sub user from the parent account
Add Sending authentication
Add IP Address if not already associated
- Log into Sendgrid as the sub user that you create.
- Update the following:
Update HTTP Post URL
Provide the Blueshift callback url: http://api.getblueshift.com/sendgrid/5fcf7990-3d53-11e4-916c-0800200c9a66/events
Update Select Actions
- Select all actions except the ASM Unsubscribe action
Save and enable Event Notification
Perform the following steps to add a SendGrid adapter:
- In the Blueshift app, click Settings > Channels.
- On the Setup Channels page, select SendGrid under Email.
- On the SendGrid adapter page of the Blueshift app, click +ADD ADAPTER and provide the following details:
Specify an alias for the adapter. This is for identification purpose only.
Specify the username of the sub user account that you create.
Specify the password of the sub user account that you create.
Provide the API key that you get from your sub user account. For more information, see Manage SendGrid API keys.
Specify a name that is displayed on the From field of an email. You can override this value in the trigger that you create for a campaign.
Specify the sender's email address. You can override this value in the trigger that you create for a campaign.
Ensure that domain that you use for this address is the same as the domain that you add in SendGrid. For example, if you add default.subdomain.com in SendGrid, the From Address value should be email@example.com where someone can be anyone.
Reply To Address
Specify the email address to which a user can reply.
Whitelabel host name (CNAME)
Specify the domain that you add in SendGrid.
- Save your settings.
You can verify your configuration. Just send a test message from any Blueshift template:
If you see an error in Blueshift, then either domain is not validated or settings are incorrect.
If you receive the test message -- and your domain says firstname.lastname@example.org via example.com or via sengrid.com -- the sending domain authentication is not configured for the sub user in Sendgrid.