Blueshift’s advanced capability, Engage Time Optimization or Send Time Optimization, enables marketers to optimize their campaigns by sending messages when their customers are more likely to engage with their brand. In today’s always-connected world, it is no longer sufficient to assume that historical open/click data is the best way to optimize send times. Always on connectivity and easy access to apps and sites, on mobile devices in particular, leads to many short lived sessions. Such sessions cannot be used as a full gauge of consumer interest. Marketers need to look deeper at the total amount of time spent by customers and prioritize times of the day where customers are more likely to click through, spend time and are more likely to browse or buy. So the true measure of optimal send time is one where the customer is likely to give you their full attention.
At Blueshift we look at the sum total of time spent by each customer and rank each hour in the day based on time spent and how deep in the purchase funnel they got to. You can use these computed scores to optimize the send time of your messaging.
To enable Blueshift's Send Time Optimization, select Predictive Optimization in the Send Time Optimization section of the Delay tab of the trigger.
- When enabled, Blueshift uses the computed scores to send the message at the precise time at which the user is most likely to engage with your content.
- If your message is time-sensitive, you can set a limit on the amount of time the message will be queued. Note that an upper limit is required. However, without dayparting windows, a limit of 24 hours will guarantee that the user will be messaged at their optimum hour.
- If this trigger has defined dayparting windows, those windows will take precedence over send time optimization. For example, if a user's optimum send time is at 11:00 AM and dayparting windows only allow messages from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM, the message will be sent between 3:00 PM and 5:00 PM.
- The dayparting window and send time optimization limit are always guaranteed to be applied. If you specify that the user should be messaged between 3:00PM and 6:00PM, the user will be messaged within that time. If you specified that the send time optimization limit is 1 hour, the user will be messaged within 1 hour of eligibility.
- Send time optimization is applied only if the previous two checks are true, so there are cases where it will not be applied.