A Customer list is a static list of customers. When you upload a customer list, if a customer in the customer list does not exist in Blueshift, a profile is created.
You can use customer lists for different reasons. For example:
- To add additional customers not captured in Blueshift.
- Withhold a randomly selected set of customers from being messaged for purpose of a "control" group.
- Use in a segment to simply send an email to an externally generated list of emails.
Customer data format
- A customer list must be a .txt file with one email or customer_id per row.
- Do not include any headers.
- Do not include any attributes.
Note: If you are using the customer list to create customers in Blueshift, you can add attributes for these customers by uploading data from Customer Data > Attributes.
Upload a customer list
To upload a customer list, complete the following steps:
- Go to Customers > List and click +CUSTOMER LIST > File Upload.
- Select the File to upload.
- Select the Identifier as either Email or Customer ID.
- Sample data is fetched from the file.
- Verify the sample data.
- Add a Description.
- Click Upload.