A Customer list is a static list of users. You can use customer lists for different reasons.
- To add additional users not captured in Blueshift.
- Withhold a randomly selected set of users from being messaged for purpose of a "control" group.
- Use in a segment to simply send an email to an externally generated list of emails.
To upload a customer list, complete the following steps:
- Create a .txt or .csv file (no header) with either customer_id or email (one per line).
- Go to Customers > List and click File Upload.
- Select the file to upload, add a description, and click Upload.
If a user in the customer list does not exist in Blueshift, a profile is created in Blueshift and the joined_at date is set as the file upload date/time.