Segmentation is the process in which you identify and group your customers based on certain attributes so that you can deliver the most relevant marketing messages to them. Every customer is different and with effective segmentation you can tailor your interactions with customers who have similar affinities.
With Blueshift’s easy-to-use drop-down basic segment builder you can build precise segments using data from the customer 360 view. You can also create segments using predictive affinities and scores (such as likelihood to convert, churn, or engage) to reach the most valuable customers or target customers most likely to complete certain actions. You can also use Blueshift’s advanced segment builder to create logical nesting and grouping. Once created, all segments are ready to be used in your campaign journeys.
A summary count of all users by channel is available on the Segment dashboard. Once you build a segment, you can immediately see near real time overall segment counts and counts by channel within the segment builder. You can also export a segment to external systems.
- Real-time: receive real-time counts across various channels within a couple of minutes at most.
- Multiple dimensions: ability to segment across user attributes, behavior, content interaction, channel engagement and geo-location.
- Modeling: no upfront data modeling needed.
- Predictive: leverage predictive scores to further target users.
- Extensible: allows segments to be re-used within other segments.
Use cases for segmentation include:
- Advanced lifecycle campaigns that drive customer activation, engagement, lifetime value, retention, and loyalty
- Cross-sell and upsell campaigns
- Behavioral targeted campaigns
- Category-based campaigns
With the basic segment builder, you can easily build precise, highly-targeted segments using a rich set of user attributes, real-time behavioral data, lifetime activity, demographic data, transactional data, channel engagement data, user affinities, predictive scores, and more. You can easily customize segments based on any combination of filters and attributes. You can also use reference segments in basic segments.
For more complex segments with more in-depth focus and advanced audiences that require nesting and grouping, use the advanced segmentation builder. With advanced segments you can author more specific and maintainable segments by creating AND / OR / NOT groupings on the fly and nesting groupings. You also have the ability to see how many users match a particular chunk of query logic. You can also use reference segments and Transaction Mixin segments when you create a segment using the advanced segment builder.
Interested in learning more? Sign up for our Blueshift Fundamentals course. This course is designed to teach fundamental concepts of Blueshift followed by hands on exercises in a simulated Blueshift instance.