Use the Custom Apps feature to integrate with an app other than the pre-built integrations that Blueshift offers. Using Custom Apps, you have the flexibility to integrate with an app that supports Rest APIs or webhooks, without any additional coding.
With Blueshift’s Custom Apps, you can orchestrate or trigger an action using your in-house and custom marketing apps in campaigns/journeys. You can orchestrate cross-channel user journeys that include Email, Push, SMS, Survey, CRM and any other Custom App that uses REST APIs.
Through Custom Apps, Blueshift supports API calls made to a third party REST API with a JSON payload. Custom Apps can be used via Cloud Apps templates which can include 1:1 personalization and predictive content, including user attributes, predictive scores and content recommendations. Cloud App Templates support Blueshift’s template language, Liquid, to include dynamic content. You can use Liquid to include user attributes or catalog attributes in the template. Each template can also be customized with the output from a recommendation algorithm created using the Recommendation Studio.
Marketing teams use several user engagement tools, messaging systems, in-house apps, analytics & CRM systems. Blueshift's Custom Apps empowers marketing teams to unify orchestration across all these systems by orchestrating APIs.
- Unify orchestrating cloud-based applications in user journeys that include Email, Push, SMS as well as custom messaging channels and APIs.
- Leverage AI powered messaging such as predictive scores & content recommendations in CRM, support systems and in-house apps.
Augment user journeys by extending personalized messaging in 3rd party apps. Here are some sample use cases.
- Trigger a direct mail using a direct mail provider when a user becomes unresponsive to a digital marketing channel.
- Create a lead in your CRM when a customer visits a credit card page and provides their information. Update the lead in your CRM when the same user performs any activity or gets notified using marketing channels.
- Open a support ticket in your help desk system when a credit card for a user is approved so that the customer service team can onboard that user.
- Create a record in your analytics tool if a customer opens an email sent from Blueshift.
- Trigger an IVR call to remind users about their upcoming renewal of insurance.
- Trigger a web push notification when a customer leaves a few items in the cart and hasn’t provided any other information like email address and so on.
- Trigger a survey to find out about the customer satisfaction for the items purchased by the customer.
- Reach your customers on instant messaging apps like WhatsApp and Messenger about upcoming offers or the offer they may be interested in based on their activities.
- Notify a slack channel when a user submits a new question in a course.
- Open a support ticket for your customer service team when a student is trying to purchase a course and the payment fails or when a user requests a cancellation.
- Update a record in your analytics tool when a user performs a certain activity in the course they are enrolled in.
- Send a course completion certificate using direct mail.
- Reach your users about a new show via instant messaging services or web push.
- Trigger a survey when a user finishes watching a show or a series.
- Play a message over a smart speaker when a new show is available.
Currently you cannot use Custom Apps for the following purposes:
- Bulk import data
- Export data in batches
For more information about how to use custom apps, see: