Webhooks are powerful ways to trigger an action programmatically in other applications. A Webhook is nothing but an API call made by a system to some other system. Most of the modern email service providers supports an API which can be called to trigger an email using their services. Blueshift’s webhook capabilities for email allows you to connect such email service provider and trigger email messages from Blueshift’s campaign journey.
Blueshift will automatically receive impression data for the emails sent using your ESP integration and associate so that you can track performance at the campaign and user level and apply the latest campaign engagement data to trigger next steps in the customer journey.
To use the email service provider of your choice to send emails, simply add your provider's webhook URL to the adapter you create in Blueshift.
To set up integration, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Email via Webhook.
- You can also go to Email Apps and select Email via Webhook.
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the following details for integration:
Field Description Webhook URL Specify the webhook URL for the provider. Auth Header Specify the authentication header for the provider. Auth Token Specify the authentication token for the provider.
Click Save to add the adapter.