You can create alerts to get notified if an important event occurs or if something breaks. For example, you can receive alerts if campaigns do not execute or perform as expected.
The alerts are color coded and the color code of an alert specifies its status. Here's the meaning of each color:
- Red: Indicates that our platform triggered the alert during the last run of the campaign monitoring activity. This can vary based on the alert's setting. For example, you can specify that our platform can monitor campaigns every day, week, or month. Thus, if the campaign monitoring is set to run every month, then red indicates that the alert was triggered in the latest monthly run.
- Green: Indicates that the alert was not triggered in the last run. We only consider the latest run to indicate the alert's current status on whether it was triggered or not. It's possible that the alert was triggered in one of the previous runs, however we do not consider it to show the alert's status.
- Grey: Indicates that the alert is disabled.
You can access alerts from the settings menu:
You can create or edit an alert from the index screen. You need to specify the campaign metric that you want our platform to monitor. For example, the period of time, the condition that triggers an alert, and the email addresses to which we should send a notification. By default, alerts apply to all recurring, event triggered, and segment triggered campaigns that are launched, unless you explicitly specify the campaigns that you want our platform to either monitor or not monitor.
When you click on an alert, you see the alert, an option to edit it and the number of times it was triggered.
Perform the following steps to create an alert that notifies you if a specific event occurs:
- In the Blueshift app, click the settings icon > Alerts.
- On the Alerts page, click + Alert.
- On the page that appears, provide the following options:
Alert title Specify the title that shows up on the index page that lists all the alerts. Alert trigger
Specify the trigger for the alert.
Generate alert if sends(Metric) are less than(Conditon) 10(Value) on a daily(Time Period) basis.
Here are the options that you get for each field:
- Open rate: The ratio of messages that are opened vs sent.
- Click rate: The ratio of messages that are clicked on vs sent.
- Bounce rate: The ratio of messages that bounced and failed to reach the targeted user vs sent.
- Unsubscribe rate: The ratio at which users unsubscribe from a campaign that was run using Blueshift vs .
- Spam rate: The rate at which messages were marked as spam vs sent.
- Sends: Number of messages sent.
- Impressions: Number of messages that had an impression from the targeted users.
- Clicks: Number of messages that targeted users clicked on.
- Time Period: The amount of time in which a metric occurred. For example, daily sends greater than 15. This changes based on what you select. If you select a rate, such as open rate or click rate in the metric, your options are daily, weekly, and monthly. If you want to create an alert for clicks that drop more than 5% month over month, you can create a trigger like this:
- Condition: The condition that is satisfied to trigger the alert. For example, you create an alert if message sends drop below 10 per day, the trigger looks like:
Here, Less than is the condition.
- Value: The value that the condition uses to trigger the alert. In the above example, 10 is the value. If number of sends drop below 10 per day, we trigger the alert. This changes based on the metric. The value is provided in percentage if you:
- Choose a rate in the metric field
- Choose a time period like month over month for a metric like sends
Email alerts to Specify the email addresses of the people who should get the alert email. Campaign selection Select the campaigns on which you want us to apply the trigger of the alert. Our platform alerts the people whose email addresses you specified above if it is triggered on any of the campaigns you select. You can leave this field disabled if you want to apply the trigger to all of you campaigns. Or, you can enable this field and choose which campaigns should be either used or not used to generate the alert. Filters
Select filters to further narrow down on the campaigns for which you want our platform to monitor and trigger an alert. You can add the following filters:
- Adapter: Select an adapter so that our platform monitors campaigns that use it. For example, you have added a SendGrid adapter for emails. You can select that adapter so that our platform triggers an alert only for campaigns that use it and satisfy the alert criteria.
- Campaign Type: Select the type of campaign that you want our platform to monitor. For example, you can select Event Triggered campaigns so that our platform triggers an alert only for event triggered campaigns that satisfy the trigger criteria.
- Channel: Select the channel that you. want our platform to monitor. For example, you can select emails so that our platform triggers alerts only for email campaigns that satisfy the trigger criteria.
You can edit an alert to add these filters too, however the alert should either be paused or in draft state. You can't edit a running alert.
- Click Save.