Send and receive global SMS, MMS, and chat messages from any app, and ensure deliverability using intelligent delivery features that Twilio's APIs provide.
If you use Twilio integrated with Blueshift, we can track:
- SMSes sent from a campaign journey
- Users who unsubscribe/subscribe from marketing SMS
- SMSes delivered to a user
- SMSes not delivered to a customer
(this can happen in-cases such as: your customer's phone is switched off or it's out of network coverage area)
- Links clicked in an SMS
Here's how to configure the Twilio adapter in the Blueshift app:
- In the Blueshift app, click Settings > Channels.
- On the Setup Channels page, under SMS, select Twilio.
- On the Twilio SMS adapter page of the Blueshift app, click +ADD ADAPTER and provide the following details:
Alias Name Specify a name for the integration From
You can either provide an alphanumeric short code (that corresponds to your brand) or the phone number from your Twilio console.
API Key SID
Create an API SID and key to integrate Twilio with Blueshift from the settings page of your Twilio account.
Ensure that you save the SID and Key in a secure location since you cannot retrieve these details later.
In this field, specify the API Key SID.
In the above page, API secret is created as well. Provide the secret that you create above.
The account SID is available on the general settings page of the Twilio console.
Provide the authentication token if you have one.
Messaging Service SID
The messaging service SID is available on the SMS services page of the Twilio console.
Status callback URL
Leave this field blank.
- Click Save.
When a user responds to an SMS with an opt-out word (such as STOP, BLOCK, CANCEL, STOPALL, UNSUBSCRIBE, QUIT, or END), we automatically unsubscribe the user from the SMS channel. Similarly, when a user responds to an SMS with an opt-in word (START, YES, UNSTOP), we automatically subscribe the user to the SMS Channel.
Automatic subscription management for the SMS channel is currently available only for Twilio. Subscribes and unsubscribes to the SMS channel are handled at a user level and we cannot attribute them to any template or campaign.
To handle such requests from your customers, ensure that:
- You select SEND AN INCOMING_MESSAGE WEBHOOK under Inbound Settings of the messaging service page of your Twilio account.
- You specify https://api.getblueshift.com/api/v1/messaging_events/a6903a6b-279e-4035-a001-7ae8426e65df in the REQUEST URL field. Ensure that you Save this configuration.