Blueshift can use your SMTP service to send emails that are a part of the campaign journey. Simply enter your SMTP credentials and connect Blueshift with your sending provider.
With SMTP integration for emails, we can track the following:
- Unique impressions
- Unique clicks
- Delivered (sent and not bounced)
- Spam reports
Perform the following steps to integrate your SMTP service with Blueshift:
- In the Blueshift app, click Settings > Channels.
- On the Setup Channels page, select SMTP under Email.
- On the SMTP adapter page of the Blueshift app, click +ADD ADAPTER and provide the following details:
Alias Name Specify an alias name of the adapter for identification. SMTP Server Address Provide the fully qualified domain name (FQDN)/IP address of the SMTP server. You can get this from your email service provider or specify the address of the server that hosts the SMTP service. SMTP Port Specify the port on which the SMTP service listens. You can get this setting from your provider or specify the configuration if you are using a hosted service. For example, SMTP port is mostly 587, if your SMTP service is using TLS encryption. Username Specify the SMTP server username for authentication. Your SMTP server uses this credential to identify if the request to send/receive an email comes from an authorized source. Password Specify the SMTP server password for authentication. Your SMTP server uses this credential to identify if the request to send/receive email comes from an authorized source. Authentication Type
Choose the authentication type. This specifies how the SMTP service authorizes requests to send and receive emails through it. We will use this information to make the appropriate authentication request to the service, so that we are authorized to send and receive emails.
Your options for authentication type are: None, Plain, Login, and CRAM MD5.
Choose the encryption type. This specifies how the SMTP service encrypts the emails that it sends.
Your options for encryption type are: None, STARTTLS, SSL, and TLS.
In addition to the mandatory fields above, you can provide the following optional details: From Name, From Address, and Reply To Address.
- API key: If your vendor requires an API key, get the API key from your vendor and specify it here.
- From Name: Specify a name that we will use as an alias to send emails.
- From Address: Specify an email address that we will use as the sender's address.
- Reply To Address: Specify an email address to which a recipient can send an email response.
- Click Save.