Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform that helps forward-thinking companies acquire, retain, and interact with mobile audiences in a new way. Attentive provides APIs to developers to send SMS and MMS messages programmatically to subscribers of your marketing campaigns.
Supported message types
Blueshift's integration with Attentive supports both SMS and MMS messages.
MMS messages can include files of type PNG, JPG, GIF and can have a maximum size of 500KB.
For MMS messages, you must check with Attentive to confirm which media types are supported and understand the file size limitations.
If you use attentive integrated with Blueshift to send SMSes from a campaign, we can track:
Before you can set up integration with Blueshift, you must have set up your account in Attentive and must have the API key required for integration with Blueshift. For more information, see the Attentive documentation for Create and manage custom apps and Messages API.
It is important that all your customer phone numbers are saved in the E.164 standard.
- If you have created an adapter in Blueshift prior to 18 October 2022, you are using the Legacy Attentive APIs and you will see the Legacy API option selected for your adapter. You can continue to use this adapter.
- To upgrade to the most recent Attentive APIs, you must request Attentive for a new API key and update the adapter with that key. Remember to clear the Legacy API option for the adapter.
- If you are creating an Attentive adapter after 18 October 2022, the Legacy API option is not selected by default. The new adapter automatically uses the most recent APIs from Attentive. Ensure that the API key that you use in the adapter configuration is for the most recent APIs as well.
Set up integration
To set up integration, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Attentive.
- You can also go to SMS Apps and select Attentive.
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the following details for integration:
Field Description API key API key from your Attentive account. Get in touch with your Attentive account executive for more information. Legacy API If you are updating the adapter with a new key for the most recent Attentive APIs, ensure that the Legacy API option is cleared. WHITELABEL HOST NAME (CNAME)
Enter the custom domain for shortened URLs.
This is the domain that will be used to mask links for tracking purposes.
The domain must be setup as a CNAME record in your DNS. The CNAME must map to either links.getblueshift.com (US or Rest of the world) or links.eu.blueshift.com (EU region) based on your Blueshift login region. SSL is required for any link masking domains.
If you are unsure which domain to setup in your DNS please contact your CSM or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For example, if you custom domain is hooli.com and the original link is hooli.com/product-updates/january-2023, the shortened link could look like hooli.com/4wesktjv.
- Click Save to add the adapter.
- Create an SMS template for your messages.
- In your campaign journey, add an SMS trigger. On the SMS tab of the trigger, go to Send Settings and specify Attentive as the App and select the adapter that you just created.