Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform that helps forward-thinking companies acquire, retain, and interact with mobile audiences in a new way. Attentive provides APIs to developers to send SMSes and MMSes programmatically to subscribers of your marketing campaigns.
It is important that all your customer phone numbers are saved in the E.164 standard.
If you use attentive integrated with Blueshift to send SMSes from a campaign, we can track:
- SMSes sent from a campaign journey
- Links clicked in an SMS
Before you begin
Before you can set up integration with Blueshift, you must have set up your account in Attentive and must have the API key required for integration with Blueshift. For more information, see the Attentive documentation for Create and manage custom apps and Messages API.
- If you have created an adapter in Blueshift prior to 18 October 2022, you are using the Legacy Attentive APIs and you will see the Legacy API option selected for your adapter. You can continue to use this adapter.
- To upgrade to the most recent Attentive APIs, you must request Attentive for a new API key and update the adapter with that key. Remember to clear the Legacy API option for the adapter.
- If you are creating an Attentive adapter after 18 October 2022, the Legacy API option is not selected by default. The new adapter automatically uses the most recent APIs from Attentive. Ensure that the API key that you use in the adapter configuration is for the most recent APIs as well.
Set up integration
To set up integration, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Attentive.
- You can also go to SMS Apps and select Attentive.
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the following details for integration:
Field Description API key API key from your Attentive account. Get in touch with your Attentive account executive for more information.
- If you are updating the adapter with a new key for the most recent Attentive APIs, ensure that the Legacy API option is cleared.
- Click Save to add the adapter.
- Create an SMS template for your messages.
- In your campaign journey, add an SMS trigger. On the SMS tab of the trigger, go to Send Settings and specify Attentive as the App and select the adapter that you just created.