Google Tag Manager helps make tag management simple, easy and reliable by allowing marketers and webmasters to deploy website tags all in one place.
Before you begin
Before you can integrate with Blueshift, you must have your GTM account set up. For more information, see the Google Tag Manager Quick Start Guide.
- If you haven't already done so, we highly recommend that you set up a data layer in GTM.
- You must also create variables stored in the data layer in the GTM UI.
Set up events in GTM
The following examples demonstrate how to setup Blueshift events in GTM. You can follow the same process to set up other events you would like to send to Blueshift.
PageLoad GTM Setup
- Create a new tag "Pageload" and select Custom HTML Tag as your product.
- Paste the standard Blueshift pageload tracking code in the HTML box.
- Set up trigger to fire on all pages.
Identify GTM Setup
- Create a custom HTML tag for the Identify event. You must also insert the values in the data layer for customerId, email etc into the tag.
- Next add a trigger to fire this tag by editing the Triggering block on GTM.