The Push message content is defined in the Content tab of the push studio. The content tab is divided into two areas.
- Design area: This is where you configure the various fields for the push messages and specify the content of the Push message. You can use liquid variables to personalize the messages for your customers. You can also include recommendations.
- Preview: The Push preview is generated for the specific user that is selected as the preview user.
Note: To dismiss a push notification message, customers can simply swipe it away.
For iOS devices (iOS 15 onwards), you can set the Notification interruption level for your push notification.
- The interruption level can be set as Passive, Active, Time Sensitive, or Critical.
- The default interruption level for iOS 15 devices is Active.
Here's the list of templates that you can select from.
|Plain Text||A simple text notification without any styling, images or deeplinks.|
The message content specified in a JSON format.
Click Create Apple Payload JSON or Create Android Payload JSON to create the custom JSON that you can send using Blueshift's SDK. You can also enter the JSON or copy and paste it.
If you are not using Blueshift's SDK, add a json payload to create rich notifications.
|Title + Content*||A rich text notification with built-in styling for a title and a plain text body. It also supports a deep link URL as a call-to-action.|
|Rich Push With Image*||A 'Title + Content' template with an additional image.|
|Rich Push With One Action Button*||A 'Rich Push With Image' template with a call to action button.|
|Rich Push With Two Action Buttons*||A 'Rich Push With Image' template with two call to action buttons.|
|Silent Push||A notification that can be used to determine whether your app is still installed on a user's device. It does not generate any alerts or notification sounds when the user receives it.|
|Animated Carousel*||A 'Rich Push With Image' template with 4 images instead of 1. The images automatically scroll when a user views the notification.|
|Non Animated Carousel*||A 'Rich Push With Image' template with 4 images instead of 1. The user must manually scroll through the images in the notification.|
* Note: If you select a template marked with an asterisk (*) for the Android platform, it is recommended that you provide the following information on the notification channel. The Blueshift SDK provides default values if these fields are left empty. For more information about push notification channels, see the Android user guide and to the Blueshift Android SDK documentation.
- Channel ID (default value = "bsft_channel_General")
- Channel name (default value = "General")
- Channel description (no default value used as this field is optional)
Action button templates in the Blueshift Push Studio provide a way for your customers to directly take an action on your app or website from the push notification itself.
Consider the following points about push templates with action buttons:
- To add action buttons to push notifications, use the Rich Push With One Action Button or the Rich Push With Two Action Buttons template.
- You can select predefined actions for the buttons.
- The predefined action buttons for the Rich Push With One Action Button template are Open Cart, View, and More.
- The predefined action buttons for the Rich Push With Two Action Buttons template are Buy-View, Accept-Decline, and Yes-No.
- You can also create custom action buttons based on your requirements.
- After you select the actions for the buttons, you can specify the URLs for these actions. You can use deep links in these URLs.
- You can add an image to the notification for a more visual impact.
When you add custom labels for buttons, the labels are available for all push templates and all platforms. For example, if you add custom button labels for the iOS platform for pt_abc1 template, these labels will be available for selection in all templates and for both iOS and Android platforms.
Note: Custom button labels will be visible in push notifications only if you are using iOS SDK v2.2.2+ or Android SDK V3.2.3+.
To add custom labels for the buttons, complete the following steps:
- Go to the Button Labels section in the template content area and click Create New Labels.
- In the Create New Label section, add the text for the button label. You cannot include emojis in the button label.
- For a template with a single button, the label can have a maximum of 46 characters.
- For a template with a two buttons, the label for each button can have a maximum of 20 characters.
- Click Save.
The labels are now available for use in all the push templates.
With Carousel push notifications you can include multiple images in your notifications. These images could be of multiple product recommendations for the customer, provide several options to the customer, or could be used to weave a story. With Blueshift's Push Studio, you can include an animated carousel or a non-animated carousel in your push notification.
Consider the following points about carousel push notifications:
- To add carousel in your push notification, use the Animated Carousel or Non Animated Carousel template.
- You can include upto 4 images in a carousel notification.
- For each image in the carousel you can add a link that can open a webpage or your app, or open a deep link.
If you are using Blueshift Mobile SDKs, you can use images in push messages based on the template you select. The SDK downloads the image from the URL that is provided for the image and displays the image.
You can include an image URL in the following types of templates:
- Rich Push with Image
- Rich Push With One Action Button
- Rich Push With Two Action Buttons
- Animated Carousel
- Non-animated Carousel
To ensure a good experience for your customers, we recommend that you use optimized images. The rule of thumb is to keep the image size as low as possible without compromising the clarity. Anything less than 100 KBs is highly recommended.
The following image recommendations could help to improve user experience when image based templates are displayed using Blueshift's mobile SDKs.
- Both the rich push & carousel images use the same kind of images.
- For iOS carousel push notifications, ensure that you use the same aspect ratio & same resolution images. An image of a different aspect ratio gets cropped before it's displayed to your customers.
|OS||Push Notification type||Aspect Ratio (W:H)||Recommended resolution||Recommended size||Max size||Image formats|
|Android||Image Push notification||2:1||512x256, 1024x512||Less than 512KB||5MB||PNG, JPG|
|Android||Carousel Push notification||2:1||512x256, 1024x512||Less than 512KB||5MB||PNG, JPG|
|iOS||Image Push notification||1:1, 2:1||512x512, 1024x512||Less than 512KB||10MB||PNG, JPG, GIF|
|iOS||Carousel Push notification||1:1, 2:1||512x512, 1024x512||Less than 512KB||10MB||PNG, JPG|
If you are unable to use Blueshift’s SDK, you can still send Plain Text notifications or add a Custom JSON payload to create rich notifications. You can also copy templates between Android and iOS.
With Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), you can send two types of messages to clients: Notification messages and Data messages. For more information, see FCM Message Types.
Note: Blueshift's SDK uses Data type notifications to send the predefined templates.
Blueshift Deep Links are http or https URLs that take users to a particular page in the app or launch a particular page in a browser. When you send a Blueshift deep link in an SMS or an email and a customer clicks the link, both iOS and Android can launch your app and open a particular page in the app that is mapped to the link.
For more information, see Deep Links for mobile apps.