You can import events data into Blueshift by directly uploading a file from the Blueshift UI.
Create a CSV file by including a user identifier (email or customer_id) and a list of event attributes that you want to import. For more information, see Events Data Format.
To import events data into Blueshift, complete the following steps:
- To import events, go to the Setup menu and click Events. Click the Import Events icon and then click +Event Import.
- Select Direct File Upload as the Source.
- Specify the Import Event. For example, you can select add to cart, purchase, or identify. The data for the selected event will be updated when the file is uploaded.
- Select the Trigger Campaigns option if you want the events data to be used to trigger any campaigns.
- Specify an email address in the Email Upload Summary section to receive a notification when the upload process is completed. If there are errors, an error report is also sent. In the CC field, specify the email addresses of other people who should receive the notification.
- For Choose File, select the CSV file with the events data.
- Click advanced to specify more details for the import task.
- Specify the character encoding for the CSV file you upload. You can choose either Unicode (UTF-8), Unicode (UTF-16), or Western Europe (ISO-8859-1).
- Specify a Delimiter if required.
- Specify the Update Time.
- The specified CSV file is validated and the fields in the file are matched to the the fields on the Blueshift platform. For more information about events that Blueshift can capture see this document on our developer portal.
- Verify the mapping and map any fields that were not automatically mapped. You can create a new data type and specify its format.
- Click Import Events to run the import task. You can view the task status from the Events Import page.
- You will receive an email confirmation after the catalog has been uploaded. The email includes information for both processed and failed records.