You can set up an S3 location to store data that the Blueshift platform generates.
By default, Blueshift uses the Blueshift Customer bucket in AWS to store data, reports, audit trail logs, and so on. However, if you want to upload the data to another S3 location, you can specify the location in the integration settings.
For example, the Attribute and Recommendations Syndication, by default, has the option to upload the final CSV file to the Blueshift Customer bucket in AWS. By configuring an AWS S3 adapter in Blueshift for your S3 location, you can upload the CSV file to this location.
For more information, see Export Reports and Data into S3.
Before you begin
Before you can set up integration with Blueshift, you must have your Amazon S3 details handy.
Set up integration
To set up integration, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Amazon S3.
- You can also go to File Storage Apps and select Amazon S3.
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the following details for integration:
Field Description AWS Region Specify the AWS region where the S3 bucket resides. AWS Key The Access Key ID that we use to export the data to your S3 bucket. AWS Secret The Secret Access Key that we use to export the data to your S3 bucket. AWS Bucket Provide the URL to your S3 bucket. AWS Path Specify the path on the S3 bucket where you want us to store the files.
Select the adapter that you just created when you set up an export job.