A Custom Audience is an ad targeting option that lets you find your existing audiences among people who are on Facebook. You can use sources such as customer lists, website or app traffic, or engagement on Facebook, to create Custom Audiences of people who already know your business.
To set up integration with Facebook Custom Audience, complete the following steps:
- Sign into the Facebook account that manages your Facebook advertisements.
- Copy the Facebook Advertising ID from the account.
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and click Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Go to All Apps, search for, and select Facebook Ads.
- You can also go to Advertising Apps and select Facebook Ads.
- Click Configure to view all the configured adapters.
- Click +ADAPTER to add an adapter.
- Add a Name for the adapter. If you have multiple adapters, the adapter name helps you to identify the integration.
- Provide the following details for integration:
Field Description Advertising Account ID Specify the Facebook Advertising ID that you get from your Facebook account.
- Click Authorize Facebook. A pop-up appears that requests you to sign into the Facebook advertising account to let us access audiences that you have created in Facebook.
- Authorize Blueshift with the specified permissions.
- After Blueshift authorizes the Facebook integration, click Save.
After the integration is complete, set up the syndication to Facebook. For more information, see Audience Syndications.
For Facebook Custom Audiences, we use Multikey Matching. Instead of just sending Facebook a user's email, telephone number or mobile id, Blueshift uses all available demographical information to Facebook. This allows Facebook to find users who signed up with a different email and/or phone number and significantly increases the overall match rate.
We send the following information (if available) to Facebook:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Birth Year
- Birth Month
- Last name
- First name
- First Initial
- Zip code / Postal code
- Country code
- Mobile advertiser id
Syndications using a Facebook Ads integration adapter might fail with a permissions error if user authentication fails. User authentication for a user who previously authorized a Facebook Ads integration adapter in Blueshift might fail due to the following reasons:
- The user is no longer a member of your organization.
- The user changed the password.
In this case, a permissions error similar to "You cannot access the app till you log in to www.facebook.com and follow the instructions given." is displayed.
To resolve this issue, complete the following steps:
- Re-authenticate the Facebook Ads Adapter.
- Verify that the integration is working by checking that existing audiences are listed.
- Reset syndications with errors.
- Go to the App Hub and open the required Facebook Ads adapter.
- Click Reset Login.
You can now see the Login to Facebook Ads button.
- Go to step 7 in Set up Facebook Ads integration, and follow the steps to complete the integration.
After you complete the steps, a new session token is acquired and saved with the adapter in Blueshift.
Verify that the integration is working by checking if it can list existing audiences.
- Go to Syndications and create a new Facebook Ads syndication.
- Click Refresh to fetch a fresh list of audiences. This might take a few minutes. If an error occurs, then the integration has failed.
- After the list is retrieved, select the adapter from the previous step.
- For Facebook Custom Audience Settings, select Sync with existing Facebook Custom Audience.
You can now see a list of existing audiences for Facebook Custom Audiences.
Open each Facebook Ads syndication that has errors and click Reset.