mParticle is a multi-device customer data platform. mParticle provides a single API to collect customer data once, and then connect it to any analytics, marketing, and data warehousing platform.
Blueshift provides two way integration with mParticle. You can send data from mParticle to Blueshift. In addition, you can send data from Blueshift into mParticle.
In order to use Blueshift with mParticle, you can either follow the mParticle documentation or complete the steps provided in this article.
For SDK integration of Blueshift with mParticle, see:
Set up Integration
Integrating mParticle with Blueshift involves the following steps:
- Configure Blueshift Event Integration in mParticle.
- Configure the input feed in mParticle.
- Configure the input feed in Blueshift.
- Configure the output events in mParticle.
Configure Blueshift Event Integration in mParticle
You can use mParticle's directory to locate the Blueshift integration and then add it to your mParticle workspace. Blueshift can serve as a data input to mParticle, as well as consume mParticle's data output.
To add Blueshift to mParticle, complete the following steps:
- Login to mParticle - https://app.mparticle.com.
- To configure the Blueshift Event Integration, click DIRECTORY in the left navigation.
- In the search box, type Blueshift.
- Hover over the Blueshift logo that appears and click Setup.
- In the pop up that appears, select Input Feed or Output Events or both as the Integration Type.
- Select Input Feed if you want to import data into mParticle from Blueshift.
- Select Output Events if you want to export data out of mParticle into Blueshift.
- Click Configure.
- Based on the Integration Type you selected, you must configure the following:
Configure the input feed in mParticle
To configure the input feed, complete the following steps:
- Provide a configuration name and click Save & Next Configuration.
- Copy and store the Server to Server key and Server to Server Secret. You'll need these in a bit.
- Click Close.
If you have also selected to integrate Output Events we suggest that you leave the configuration window open and first complete the configurations for the input feed in the Blueshift App.
Configure input feed in Blueshift
- Sign in to the Blueshift app, and go to the Campaign activity export tab in Account Settings.
- Select mparticle in the Export messaging events field.
- Then provide the Server To Server Key and Server To Server Secret that you generated above.
- Click Save.
You can now continue with the configuration of Output Events.
Configure output events
To configure the output events, complete the following steps:
- On the event configuration dialog that opens, provide the Event API key that you can get from the API Keys tab of the Account Settings in Blueshift. mParticle uses this API key to send event data to Blueshift.
- Click Save & Open in Connections.
- After you add Blueshift as a consumer of mParticle's output events, connect an existing input from mParticle. Go to the Connections section of the mParticle console, and choose an available input.
For more information, see Connect an Event Output on mParticle's documentation.
For example, click on Web Platform to select it.
On the next page, click + Connect Output, select Blueshift in the pop-up, select a configuration, change its status to Active, and click Add Connection.
Once you add the connection, you can configure the data that you want mParticle to send to Blueshift.