mParticle is a multi-device customer data platform. mParticle provides a single API to collect customer data once, and then connect it to any analytics, marketing, and data warehousing platform.
In order to use Blueshift with mParticle, you can either follow the steps listed at mParticle's documentation site or perform the steps below.
Blueshift provides two way integration with mParticle. You can send data from mParticle to Blueshift. In addition, you can send data from Blueshift into mParticle.
This document covers server-to-server integration between Blueshift and mParticle. For SDK integration of Blueshift with mParticle, see:
You can use mParticle's directory to locate our integration and then add it to your mParticle workspace. Blueshift can serve as a data input to mParticle, as well as consume mParticle's data output. Following steps describe how you can add Blueshift to mParticle.
- Login to mParticle - https://app.mparticle.com.
- To configure the Blueshift Event Integration, click on DIRECTORY on the left navigation.
- In the search box, type Blueshift.
- Click Setup when you hover over the Blueshift logo that appears.
- In the pop up that appears, choose Input Feed or Output Events or both.
- Choose Input Feed if you want to import data into mParticle from Blueshift.
- Choose Output Events if you want to export data out of mParticle into Blueshift.
- Click Configure. mParticle provides an option to configure the input feed if you choose it in step 5. You can continue with the configuration in the next section. However, if you only choose Output Events, mParticle directly provides an option to configure events.
If you choose input feed in the step 5 of the procedure above, mParticle provides options to configure the input feed. Following steps provide information on how to configure the input feed:
- In the next step, mParticle asks you to configure the input feed. Provide a configuration name and click Save & Next Configuration.
- Copy and store the Server to Server key and Server to Server Secret. You'll need these in a bit.
- Click Close. If you choose Output Events in the step 5 of this procedure, mParticle provides an option to configure event outputs. However, we suggest that you hold on to that and leave the window as it is for a bit. And, perform the following steps to complete the input feed configuration.
- Open a new browser tab, and go to the Export campaign activities tab on the Account Settings page of the Blueshift app.
- In Export campaign activities tab, select mparticle in the Export messaging events field.
- Then provide the Server To Server Key and Server To Server Secret that you generated above.
- Click Save.
If you held on to the configuration of Output Events in step 3, you can return to the browser tab in which mParticle tab is open and continue with the rest of the steps below.
If you choose output feed in the step 5 of this procedure, mParticle provides options to configure the output events. Perform the following steps to configure it:
- On the event configuration dialog that appears, provide the event API key that you can get from the API keys section of the account settings page. mParticle uses this API key to send event data to our platform.
- Click Save & Open in Connections.
After you add Blueshift as a consumer of mParticle's output events, connect an existing input from mParticle. Go to the Connections section of the mParticle console, and choose an available input.
For example, click on Web Platform to choose it.
On the next page, click + Connect Output, choose Blueshift in the pop-up, choose a configuration, change its status to Active, and click Add Connection.
Once you add the connection, you can configure the data that you want mParticle to send to our platform.