If you run an e-commerce store using Magento, you can use the Blueshift extension to integrate with Blueshift. Blueshift can then get data from your Magento store and you can use Blueshift to run campaigns for your customers. The Blueshift extension for Magento makes it easy to integrate your store with our platform.
Events collected by the Magento extension
- Login activities
- Page views
- Product views
- Login activities
- The extension tracks the following events through the Magento events that it captures
- Cart activities
- Cart create
- Cart update
- Checkout create
- Order activities
- Order create
- Order cancel
- Fulfilment create
- Fulfilment update
- Refund create
- Customer related activities
- Customer create
- Customer update
- Customer delete
- Customer enable
- Customer disable
- Product related activities
- Product create
- Product delete
- Product update
- Cart activities
Before you begin
Before you can set up integration with Blueshift, you must deploy the Blueshift extension for Magento into your store.
Deploy the Blueshift extension for Magento
To deploy the Blueshift extension for Magento into your store, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Magento marketplace.
- Search for the Blueshift connect extension. If you are signed in, click here to go to the extension page.
- On the extension page, select your store's version and click Add to Cart.
- Click on the cart icon and then click Proceed to Checkout.
- Click Place Order on the Checkout page.
- Click Install on the confirmation page. You are taken to the access keys page.
Ensure that your access keys are added to your store. For more information about adding your access keys to the store, see the System Config article on Magento documentation.
- Sign in to your Magento store's admin.
- On the left navigation panel, click System > Web Setup Wizard.
- On the Setup Wizard page, click Extension Manager.
- On the Extension Manager page, click Review and Install under <number of> Extensions Ready to Install.
- Click Install against blueshift/blueshiftconnect on the Ready to Install page.
- Click Start Readiness Check on the Step 1: Readiness Check page.
Let the readiness check complete and then click Next to go to the next step.
- In Step 2: Create Backup, you can either Create Backup or uncheck all the options and click Next.
- The extension is installed in the process extension status. If the extension is installed successfully, you can see the following message:
- If you run into issues at this step:
- Sign in to the server on which Magento is running
- On the server's terminal, change directory to the location where Magento is installed (for example, /var/www/html/magento)
- Run the following commands:
sudo php bin/magento setup:upgrade
sudo php bin/magento setup:di:compile
- Run the following commands to let everyone get read and write access to the following directories:
sudo chmod -R 777 var/ generated/
sudo chmod -R 777 pub
- After you run the commands above, run the following commands to flush the cache:
php bin/magento cache:clean
php bin/magento cache:flush
After you successfully run all the commands above, sign in to Magento admin again and verify if you can see Blueshift listed under stores.
Set up integration
After you launch the extension, complete the following steps to integrate with Blueshift:
- On the Blueshift extension page in Magento, provide the user API key and the event API key from your Blueshift account and click Save Config. You can get the keys from the API keys tab in Account Settings.
If an error occurs, expand the Synchronization Data and Catalog section and select a date in the From field. The fields in this section are described in the next step.
- After the configuration is saved, provide the following details in the Synchronization Data and Catalog section:
Select the date from which you want to synchronize your store's data with our platform. You can choose a date that is as early as the date when you created your store.
The extension can fetch historical data of the customers, products, and orders on your store since the date you started your store.
Unsubscribe Data Select Yes if you want Blueshift to add the information that a customer has unsubscribed to marketing communications sent from our platform to the customer's profile on your Magento store. Otherwise, select No. Catalog Name Select a catalog from the list of all catalogs that you created on our platform to which you want to add products of your Magento store. You can also create a new catalog. New Catalog
Click the Or Create a Catalog button to:
- Enable this field
- Provide a name for the catalog that you create
- Click Save Config.
- In the Status section, click Start Synchronization to synchronize data from your store with our platform.